Tripod for the 15's

Servehim

Very Active Member
Greetings MM, any words of wisdom on an affordable lightweight tripod for my new glass. Have a nice one for my spotter but would like a backpack type tripod. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom.

I recently bought one from Camofire that is carbon fiber, pretty light, good for sitting only, and cost about $150. They call it the Treeline, but it looks quite a bit like a vortex one??
I usually use a medium Outdoorsman, but it's too heavy and too much $$ for a backpack tripod. Hope this helps.

I also like Slik's quick release adaptors. I have them on my binos, camera and gun vise, and also the receiver end on tripod and window mount. Super fast and secure to attach and detach.
IMG_8374.jpg

I would also recommend the Slik CF624 or 634 and DEFINITELY get the outdoorsman bino adapter/stud. Also the Sirui tripod/VA5 head is a great setup.
Call Cameraland and Doug will get you a great price on a tripod and is a great guy.

I might have a set up I’m willing to sell, Slik tripod and Sirui head. Neither has been used. I have too many and need to get rid of a few. I’m out of town until this weekend and will get exact models

Thanks, but I purchased one. Appreciate the MM and their input. I sadly won't have an elk tag in my own hands this year but have been offered a guide opportunity on one of the premier hunts in NM so the 15's will be used very soon. Hunting season is days away. Best of luck to all of you this year. SHALOM.

Thanks, but I purchased one. Appreciate the MM and their input. I sadly won't have an elk tag in my own hands this year but have been offered a guide opportunity on one of the premier hunts in NM so the 15's will be used very soon. Hunting season is days away. Best of luck to all of you this year. SHALOM.
Next best thing to a hunt is helping a buddy on a hunt. Have fun and good luck!

Slik is a great brand, many options. Sirui VA-5 $300 for head and tripod is one of the best under $500. Vortex high country aluminum has been solid for me, heavy but was only $150. BlackOvis treeline $175 is lightweight, not meant for heavy glass or long hours behind it, also can't stand with it.

I too am looking for a new tripod, but it needs to be one tall enough to stand behind and steady enough to shoot off of. Right now I'm looking at the Really Right Stuff SOAR models.

Theres outdoorsman’s. Then theres the rest behind them.
I've used them...not impressed. All of their tripods use a lever system to deploy each leg, which nearly all of the high end tripod companies do not. I've found them to be too wobbly to shoot of off. For the cost of their best tripod and their best head, you could add $200 and get something that not even in the same league and is around 1000 times better!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom