Tripod

Mlopez

looking to purchase a tripod myself and kiddos can use for their rifle but would also like the option to mount my vortex binos for glassing. any recommendation's would be greatly appreciated.

Primos has one that seems to be what im looking for. any reviews on this product is also greatly appreciated

Depends on what you plan to do with it. My preference for a super sturdy truck hunting tripod is a full size Manfrotto with a fluid head and a Shadow Tech HOG Saddle for shooting.

For a hiking/backpacking tripod I love my Slik Pro 613CF with a Spartan Precision Davros head for shooting.

The center extension on most tripods is where the flex and wobbles come from and when shooting off it having less flex and wobbles is critical. I just bought a Really Right Stuff SOAR 34L with the Anvil head and it's about as solid as a tripod can be. It is also fully capable to use as a glassing/spotting scope platform too. It's a carbon fiber model and I'm 6' 2" and when fully extended it's above my head!

Some reading on tripods. It's pretty far down the page. This is a chart from the blog post. There's some other brands there that might be interesting to research.

1660954168986.png

I had a Primos as a first tripod and it really sucked. I have now used a Bog pod tripod for about 9 years. Replaced V shooting rest with Promaster pan head. Pretty cheap compared to most real tripod setups but is comparable in weight. I hold gun fore end and leg of tripod about 3/4 the way up to shoot with if needed. Mostly use it for spotting scope.

I will say since I didn’t mention above I would not recommend the primos trigger sticks for anything other than bino glassing, if you want something for a spotter, I’d look at slik, Sirui, manfrotto, or rekon for reasonably priced if money doesn’t matter than outdoorsman or really right stuff

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom