Trophy spike down!

Goldberg

I got lucky this week on a spike bull! Last time I killed a spike, this rascal would have been a "herd bull"!! Yep, its been awhile!
Bad pic, I know. But by myself, 66 years old, and getting hot fast- I just snapped a couple pics and dived in. Qtr, bag, and hung in 90 mins. Gotta be a world record. Senior division!
lucky I had help on the pack out. My good buddies came to my rescue!
IMG_7394.jpg
20200819_082310.jpg

An unsuccessful any weapon spike applicant (and a SW Desert cow applicant) is gonna be happy in the next week or so. I tore a calf muscle and may need surgery, so I turned in both elk tags yesterday. I also hope to get a refund, but whether I do or not, the DWR has time to reissue the tags. If someone on this forum gets that yahoo phone call, let us know! I'll even tell you where to go 'cause I've had those tags in the recent past. Good luck!

An unsuccessful any weapon spike applicant (and a SW Desert cow applicant) is gonna be happy in the next week or so. I tore a calf muscle and may need surgery, so I turned in both elk tags yesterday. I also hope to get a refund, but whether I do or not, the DWR has time to reissue the tags. If someone on this forum gets that yahoo phone call, let us know! I'll even tell you where to go 'cause I've had those tags in the recent past. Good luck!
Hope you heal quickly.

Hope you heal quickly.

Thanks! I appreciate that! It's been a pain in more ways than one! But it won't be in time to allow me to recover, quarter, and haul out a 500+lb elk or maybe even drive a car for the hunts. Plus, it may not be just a muscle, but a tendon or ligament and we won't know until my MRI on Thursday. And, of course, the doctors and hospitals are on a Covid-19 schedule. Somebody else deserves the opportunity this time around. I just hope we get to see another trophy spike and cow on this forum.

Last edited:
Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom