Trout Creek Mountain Deer

mark53656

I drew the Trout Creek Mountain Deer tag this year. I am doing as much homework as possible but am finding it hard to find people who have hunted the unit in the past.

Hoping to narrow the search a bit.

Thanks

A buddy of mine bow hunted the Trout Creek Mountains two years ago and hunted mostly around the Trout Creek Ranch(I believe that was the name of the ranch) and saw a few decent bucks but was never able to get within bow rance. He did say though that he saw three cats in his 11 days of hunting. He said two were in the same area so it could have been the same cat. So make sure you buy a cougar tag and hopefully you are able to harvest a good buck, and hopefully put a dent in the cougar population as well. I'll try to get ahold of my buddy for some more information for you. Good Luck.

silverlake176

I did talk with the biologist from Ontario. He said that they saw 10 different cats on the aerial deer surveys this spring. I ALWAYS have a cougar tag, but have not had the opportunity to harvest one yet. I am a bow hunter 90% of the time which makes killing a cat darn near impossible. I hope to even the odds with a 300 Weatherby this year. I drew the Trout Creek rifle deer tag. Cougar would be a nice bonus.

thank you for the reply. Any help is greatly appreciated.

mark c>

Back
Top Bottom