truck tires

desertpointbrian

Very Active Member
what tires are you guys loving or hating? I am looking for an aggressive A/T or M/T. Will spend most my time with the truck off road and around sharp rocks. But still looking for a decent ride. Any tire guru's out there

PIRELLI MTR MUDDER!

We Going to the Mountains?

Or PUSS-FOOTIN around Town in Your Million Dollar Main Street 4X4?

pirelli mtr.jpg

These PIRELLIS Wear Perty Decent for Mudders!

Just wondering How long it'll be before they Ruin Them?

IMO any Tire that Gets wore down to 1/2 Tread is Perty Much Helpless!

Amazing How many Tires they've destroyed in Recent Years!

Last Set of BFG's I Bought started Weather Checking 3 Months after I Bought them!

TOTAL TRASH!

Have been putting Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on the various truck buildS with both Nissan Titan and Titan XD’s Great off road performance and good road use. Everything from Moab rocks to Grand Canyon sand washes. Check out some reviews and I think you will be impressed.

Have been putting Nitto Trail Grappler M/T on the various truck buildS with both Nissan Titan and Titan XD’s Great off road performance and good road use. Everything from Moab rocks to Grand Canyon sand washes. Check out some reviews and I think you will be impressed.
I have had pretty good luck with the Nitto’s . I pull a lot with my truck so I went down in size to the 35’s and E rated. Discount tires treats me pretty good on them. I run the M/T’s when your in the mud and snow you need them.

Definitely get 10 ply - e rated. I've never had a flat tire in over 20 years and over 50k miles of r driving rocky dirt roads.

what tires are you guys loving or hating? I am looking for an aggressive A/T or M/T. Will spend most my time with the truck off road and around sharp rocks. But still looking for a decent ride. Any tire guru's out there
Cooper all the way. They seem to ride nicer and last longer.

I just bought a new truck and it came with Toyo MT's. So far I am very impressed. They only have 1000 miles so I cant speak for wear yet but they are relatively quiet for an aggressive tire. Sidewall mushyness is minimal compared to others I have run. Prior to these my go to tire was Goodyear duratrac's. These are better.

I've been impressed with my Cooper ST Max, clean out really well in the mud and snow and quiet on the pavement. Also like Falken Wildpeak AT. Best AT tires I've ever ran

I've run the BFG ATs and MTs on my mega cab dually and the MTs have worn real fast on the fronts. I'm putting a new set (6) of Kenda Klever RTs (Rough Terrain) on this weekend. Reviews are great and they're a good looking tire, the RT is somewhere between an AT and MT so I'm getting the look of the MT and a little better performance when not in the woods. The price difference between 6 BFGs and 6 Kendas is about $800. I'm running a 33x12.50-17 this go round.

BFG KM2 I am on my 3rd set and got 40000 out of the first set and 65000 out of my second set. Never had problems they run smooth and for a mud tire fairly quiet. I’m a lineman and tow my 40’ toy hauler around from job to job and they held up well. Never been happier with tires. Unfortunately they are phasing out some of the sizes (35/12.50r17 mine) so I hope the KM3s are just as good.

I like the AT style over the MT style tire because of wear, mileage and noise. ...and most guys say the AT is better in the snow and rocks.

If conditions require an MT, I just drop the quad, pull on the rainwear and head out.....but that's just me.

DPBrian: I have an F350 and even though it's not lifted, it'll take quite a large tire. I'm sure you can find a 10 ply MT in the appropriate size for your rig.

Good luck man and tell us what you settled on.

Zeke

I run Toyo MTs on my Superduties and get 40-50k and that's running on crappy West Texas lease roads. On my Raptors, the stock KO2s do great as well. Had Nittos on my wife's Land Cruiser, but recently switched those to KO2s just for less noise. No complaints on the Nittos other than the noise. Nittos and Toyos are same manufacturer I think.

Guys I was wondering if you could help me out with a dilemma I am in. Being from WI we usually run low ply tires unless a specific reason to have off road tires. I have a work truck that I have 10 ply Cooper tires on that when I headed west I drove and never had a flat. I no longer trust this truck to travel the distance to WY and I drew unit 106 for antelope.

So now my 2016 Ford that I will be driving has Goodyear Wrangler Standard Load tires that would amount to maybe 3 to 4 ply. They are like new with 15 thousand miles and are exactly the tire I need for what I do around here and the trip to and back from WY. So can I get away with these light weight tires for 4 to 5 days on these roads in unit 106 or do I buy AT tires? I plan on being aggressive and do not want to limit myself to certain roads because they look to rough. I would have 2 spares along but don't want to be changing tires all the time as well ruin my tires for the ride home. What you think. Pat

I’m surprised how man people in here are running tires made in a another country. Only large tire companies in the county are Goodyear and Cooper.

Am
I run Toyo MTs on my Superduties and get 40-50k and that's running on crappy West Texas lease roads. On my Raptors, the stock KO2s do great as well. Had Nittos on my wife's Land Cruiser, but recently switched those to KO2s just for less noise. No complaints on the Nittos other than the noise. Nittos and Toyos are same manufacturer I think.

and both made in a foreign country. Junk

I have to shake my head when someone says BF Goodrich AT KO2's are good in mud. I've found them good on the highway and in snow but they clog easily and terribly in Colorado mud.

I just replaced the Toyo Open Country II tires on my truck. I replaced them with Toyo Open Country IIIs. I was very happy with the first set of Toyos. I had 42K on them and they had a little more to go. But I wanted fresh tires before hunting season.
And I'm happy to report that these tires were made in the USA.

Don P

Not sure where unit 106 is?

but if you had an atv, problem solved!

let the little machine take the beating so you still have a reliable ride back home!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom