Truth about Wild Horses affect Hunting

The act isn't broken. If the act was actually followed we wouldn't be in this mess. Its actually a good read.

Until we are allowed to send horses to slaughter houses or euthanize them there will NEVER be a fix.
I am all for a regulated hunt. This would remove excess animals as well as bring in some revenue.

I have never seen a wild horse. but I've seen way too many feral ones.

They need to be called what they are. most of them are jug heads as well.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Seen many while Deer and Chukar hunting here in SW Idaho. Populations seem relatively steady over my 8 year here. Not much impact that I can see, but I'm no Bio.

Proposing hunting is Ludacris. Congress won't allow BLM to manage, they sure won't allow tags and no state F&G wants the black eye that the public would put on them by offering it.

Clearly, allowing BLM to manage it without Congress interfering, would be ideal.

Hunting is not going to happen. period. and it shouldn't that's just dumb.

They need to be gathered and eliminated one way or another. but politically that's going to be a hard sell on both sides.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

>Hunting is not going to happen.
>period. and it shouldn't
>that's just dumb.
>
>They need to be gathered and
>eliminated one way or another.
> but politically that's going
>to be a hard sell
>on both sides.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends

So?

You're QUICK to Say:

Oh,Hunting them Ain't gonna Happen!

Somebody get's Hungry Enough I Don't Think it Will Matter what the DEMS Think!

Utah and Nevada have far to many they need to be killed in large numbers. They do nothing for deer and elk but run them off and take feed off the winter range. And make it much harder to shed hunt. And have you seen all the competition to pick up sheds we don't need anymore pressure on big game from the horses.

"We don't have a gun problem we have prescription drug problem."

Wild horses are pretty cool but not on these numbers. We have way to many here in NW Colorado. They wreak havoc all over the place. Can't tell ya how many waterholes have been stomped out by horses.

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Over half the feral horses and burros live in Nevada.

6489420171227210151.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-27-17 AT 11:12PM (MST)[p]The author discredited himself in the paragraph, to the urban population, when he admiitted he was an bumpkin originally from Idaho. What in hell would he know, about anything, especially the need to preserve the legendary mustang, the symbol of wild freedom.

Horses are like every other animal, wild, domestic, or feral. When human refuse to interject balance, habitat collapses starvation, predation, desease follow, as sure a day follows night. The hell of it is, when we ignore habitat destruction, the original habitat rarely ever comes back and with some nasty plant replacement, not suited for wildlife or domestic species. Cheat grass, thistles, juniper etc.

Horse are like sheep, they not only eat the new growth but they pull the roots out and eat those to. Nevadas mustang areas will never recover from the damage that's been done....... all for the sake of votes in the urban centers of the country.

Not going to end soon either, because it's '"double down" time in the political area and nobody but a few from Nevada give a damn what's going on as long as nobody reduces the mustang legacy.

Kind of like mule deer declining in Wyoming. And if you say anything your summarily invited to mind your own damn business. No, I've never hunt deer in Wyoming (but I want to) or suffered personal lose from Nevada mustang/horse problems, so that makes my remarks out of order, just like the author of this article, who's from Idaho, for hell sake.

He too, should be minding his damn business......Not!

DC

Several Years Back!

They Were Thinning a few of them out around here!

But then Somebody decided You couldn't send them to the Glue Factory anymore!

The author is our congressman from Utah. I am pleased to see some logic and a viable proposal from a local politician. There are in fact too many wild horses in Utah, CO, WY, NV and probably other states as well.

"Horse are like sheep, they not only eat the new growth but they pull the roots out and eat those to. "

Not true. Sheep are ungulates just like cows, deer, and elk. The don't have upper teeth to facilitate pulling plants up. They do eat closer to the ground than cattle when grazing in grass because they have a smaller mouth and move in a tight group. Cows, sheep, deer, elk, goats, etc. Can graze year after year sustainably without damage. Horses however ruin the range by pulling up plants to eat roots and stomping in water holes. We need to do something about them. Maybe they could be relocated to central park?

>Over half the feral horses and
>burros live in Nevada.
>
>
6489420171227210151.jpg

Interesting, I would of thought all the wild asses lived in utah....

《《《《《《AWESOME》》》》》》

>I have never seen a wild
>horse. but I've seen
>way too many feral ones.
>
>
>They need to be called what
>they are. most of
>them are jug heads as
>well.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Stay Thirsty My Friends

^^^BINGO^^^!

Why can't they sell "catch" tags. I know tons of cowboys that would love to go out and rope a mustang. They then could keep them, take them to the sale, whatever. This would keep with the whole "spirit of the west" concept that the horse lovers are spouting. The revenue generated from tag sales could go toward the current horse programs. I bet after a couple of years, the horses would get smart and try to hide from the cowboys up in the steeper terrain and leave the sage flats on the winter range, which would also be a win as well. Tag allocation could be set for each area based on carrying capacity just like big game.

I know up in northwest Wyoming they gather up the Mccollough peaks herd and they have a sale. They do make into on heck of a horse with proper training. they are quarter horses that farmers and ranchers let go back in the world war 2/depression era when they couldn't afford to keep them. Now they protect them and act like its some sacred animal.

The pyror mountain range herd is a mustang that dates back to the spainiards and to my knowledge there is no management other than mountain lions taking out newborns. Other than that I don't know if they do any other control.

>Why can't they sell "catch" tags.
>I know tons of cowboys
>that would love to go
>out and rope a mustang.
>They then could keep them,
>take them to the sale,
>whatever. This would keep with
>the whole "spirit of the
>west" concept that the horse
>lovers are spouting. The revenue
> generated from tag sales
>could go toward the current
>horse programs. I bet after
>a couple of years, the
>horses would get smart and
>try to hide from the
>cowboys up in the steeper
>terrain and leave the sage
>flats on the winter range,
>which would also be a
>win as well. Tag allocation
>could be set for each
>area based on carrying capacity
>just like big game.

Just so you know Oak!

You don't just take them to the Sale anymore!:D

I'd buy a tag. Help the deer herds and get myself some meat! A lot of meat...

But, Founder would have to add a Wild Horse and Burro forum. I'd post my first post in that forum asking for help to kill a big Mustang, but I'm not looking for anyone's honey hole, just trying to help my 75-year old/disabled/veteran/out-of-state father on what will surely be his last hunt.

But yeah, I think I'd have to lasso some of the huntin' crew to put in for 3rd season, Unit 3, (North of Winnemucca) and hope the snow drives them down--pray for snow! HA!!

P.S. I just wanted to say "Winnemucca" in a sentence.

>I'd buy a tag. Help the
>deer herds and get myself
>some meat! A lot of
>meat...
>
>But, Founder would have to add
>a Wild Horse and Burro
>forum. I'd post my first
>post in that forum asking
>for help to kill a
>big Mustang, but I'm not
>looking for anyone's honey hole,
>just trying to help my
>75-year old/disabled/veteran/out-of-state father on what
>will surely be his last
>hunt.
>
>But yeah, I think I'd have
>to lasso some of the
>huntin' crew to put in
>for 3rd season, Unit 3,
>(North of Winnemucca) and hope
>the snow drives them down--pray
>for snow! HA!!
>
>P.S. I just wanted to say
>"Winnemucca" in a sentence.

just save the buckskin for me!!!! That is what I would shoot for

Ya just cant have a post on this site without the classless trolls vomiting on themselves.

"The penalty good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." - Plato

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom