Trying to figure out draw odds for 2022

westman

This may be due to my ignorance but I'm having trouble figuring out what it will take to draw elk area 7 special tag. WG&F website has 2020 draw odds available but not 2021 yet. I have no idea when 2021 will be posted.
I will have 11 points and wonder if point creep still has that tag out of reach. Anyone have a better feel for this than I do? What will it take in 2022 to get that tag?
Thanks for any thoughts....

Bill

96% drew on the special side with 11 points 2021. If I am reading this right there was 50 tags on the special side with 47 not drawing with 10+.
Odds could be better next year on the straight preference, having less apps with 10 points. Then again, obviously everyone can see the info and jump over from special.

Screenshot_20211031-213824_Office Mobile.jpg

the 2021 draw odds are on the Wyoming website.

In 2021 Unit 7 special was 98% success with 11 points. There were 514 applicants with < 11 points.

Someone may know the breakdown of the 514 unsuccessful applicants but I don't. My gut feeling is that 11 won't guarantee a Unit 7 tag in 2022.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom