Tuna!!!

eelgrass

Long Time Member
The warm water moved in close (20 miles off shore) so the frenzy has started. A timber faller I know went out today and posted this video. What organized chaos looks like. Albacore tuna. Yummy. They ended up loading the boat this morning.

Dang, got a tension headache just watching that.
I catch a few of the False Albies down here in the surf.
Much less chaotic, still a great fight.
Good as sashimi with cream cheese ,Avocado, soy sauce.

Bunch of Dumbazzes who obviously don't spend much time on boats. The guy with the camera could have helped by moving those rods into the cabin in about 2 seconds, and as soon as a fish hits the deck, cut off that terminal gear and clear out of the way!!!!

The tuna coming in this close only happens every few years at most so people get all excited and unorganized, including the captain. The captain should of had a deck hand. I'm not too impressed with his gear either.

Surprised nobody fell in or was thrown in.
Took the words right out of my mouth. There were a bunch of even tempered fellers on that barg! I’da been swimmin or some else would a been…. It one of those was me. And those spare rods would been in a lot more parts now too. Fact is….. I’da probably used one to herd cats with.

Love that tuna fishing when it is wide open it is a Clusterbuck always. We hooked up all rods on the boat two years ago and while four of us fought fish the other rods were pulling in different directions HARD...
Had two hand lines and those were hell pulling them in by hand.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom