Tundra Grizzly

BCBOY

Long Time Member
I was fortunate enough to encounter this tundra grizzly in the NWT this August. Tried to get some long distance shots but the camera kept on focusing on the falling snowflakes. So I put a stalk on, used the wind and natural lay of the land and crawled up to under 75 yards. I was able to take these shots and back out without the bear even knowing I was there.
image.jpg2_zpsxtc7uwxl.jpg

image.jpg5_zpsct9rmmps.jpg

image.jpg4_zps0kgi80lo.jpg

image.jpg1_zpsotfwig1q.jpg

image.jpg6_zps68esgxrr.jpg

image.jpg3_zpstnh0ruf5.jpg

image.jpg8_zps3rwdnt1h.jpg

image.jpg7_zps45eh3m4q.jpg

image.jpg9_zpsf3sks7ma.jpg

image.jpg10_zps720moxrw.jpg

image.jpg11_zpss6kd2uox.jpg

image.jpg12_zpsavmftc9n.jpg

image.jpg13_zpsyrwysimf.jpg

image.jpg14_zpsfmlh7y4s.jpg

image.jpg15_zpsuhlwtcn0.jpg

I like it! Great photos. Those pics where you get closer and closer are usually the pics found in a camera lying amongst a boot and some tattered clothing! Ha! Good job.

Maybe he was eating the last guy that tried to get close with a camera?
Great awesome pics but you took them at high risk to your safety.

Cool but dangerous....those bad boys don't mess around. My hat is off to you BC

))))------->

Hahaha. I am well aware of what a grizzly is capable of doing and have had plenty of up close and personal encounters with them over the years while working in the thick stuff. This time, in the open tundra, was a pleasure because I was actually able to see it and know where it was at all times. :) The wind was blowing heavily in my favour and the lay of the land allowed me be stay very hidden. I didn't stay around long. I doubt all these pics took much more than a minute to shoot. I really didn't look at what exactly the bear was eating. Probably cranberries. I remained hidden as I backed out. It was a really fun experience. I was confident I was going to get some grizzly shots on this trip, just didn't expect them to be in an August snowstorm. We were in over a foot of snow on the return trip a few days later.

Congrats on your adventure that is an awesome experience. Thanks for sharing the story and pics. I can't wait to show my Grandson your story and pics.

))))------->

Cool stuff, especially to be that close to a grizzly. I have never had the opportunity to have an experience like that but one day I will. Hope to be that close to one and share the pics too!

Mntman

"Hunting is where you prove yourself"

Like his color, some great shots.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

>Very nice. Some great close
>shots. It doesn't only
>look cool, I bet it
>was cool! BB

It was beyond cool! An experience I will cherish for the rest of my life!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom