Turkey Beard Display

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
I know this is Monster Muleys, but just gotta share this display. It was a shelf my great grandmother inherited in the late 1800's - she passed away in 1981. Not sure how I acquired it a few years ago, but it's been in my garage. Plus, I had 20 years worth of turkey beards and spurs in various freezers, some loose in the garage, and some just covered in Borax.

So, after several weekends of cleaning spurs, braiding leather, stripping, refinishing and reassembling Granny Faison's 150+ year old teacup display, here it the finished product. Just gotta find a space in my Man Cave Trophy Room!

BTW, I'm usually handy with carpentry and woodworking, but the artsy side of braining and making beard hangers is way outta my league!:)

IMG_3651[1].JPG

IMG_3650[1].JPG

IMG_3651[1].JPG

IMG_3650[1].JPG

Man that’s a lot of birds you’ve harvested I’m still looking to get my first after hunting them for 4 years

Thanks guys. Watched about a dozen YouTube videos on how to do the spurs and beards. Now that I know how, I'll do them every couple of years so I don't get behind!

Not sure how I posted the same pics twice!

That's pretty cool!
I have several beards just laying around. Looks like a fun way to display them! I've never kept spurs, though.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom