Turkey Burger Recipe?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
I've got several wild turkey breasts in the freezer. Anybody on here got a good recipe for making turkey burger out of 'em?

Yea, I know, this is a deer website, but I'm guessing there are a few other turkey hunters on here!

Oh, and can't use pork. My better third won't eat pork.

My daughter in law uses turkey as a sub for beef in many recipes and I have to admit it is darn good.
RELH

Harmon's grocery in Utah makes a killer Turkey burger with peppers, cheese ground in.

Not sure if they'll share a recipe or not, but they are great

I make all of my wild turkeys into burger. It is one of our favorite game meats. We mix all the dark and white meat together and grind with 10-15% bacon. It makes amazing burgers on the smoker but also substitutes well as a breakfast sausage.

Red White and Brew in Mesa, AZ has a real good turkey burger. I usually get that whenever I go there. The owners are cool and they might share share the info.

Red White and Brew in Mesa, AZ has a real good turkey burger. I usually get that whenever I go there. The owners are cool and they might share share the info.
I need a good reason to go to Arizona!!

Maybe I can draw an elk tag and have TWO good reasons!! :D:D

Thanks!

Won't. She does a lot of dog training, and dogs are smart. Pigs are also smart. And they eat about anything. So, she quit eating pork 5+ years ago.
I know, I know. Doesn't make sense to me either. But gotta choose your battles, and this isn't one I choose! :D :D

Although your recipe sounds good! Thanks!

I was involved in a missing person report where it reviewed that the victim may have been fed to a group of hogs to dispose of most of the body. Never did find that victim.
RELH

I was involved in a missing person report where it reviewed that the victim may have been fed to a group of hogs to dispose of most of the body. Never did find that victim.
RELH

Great. Now I'm going to think of the movie Fargo everytime I eat a turkey burger :oops:

RELH
Yep. I grew up on a pig farm in eastern NC. They will eat anything.

Well, pigs were just one form of income on the farm. ;)

RELH

101756604_2629220064004180_7459144328019968000_n.jpg

Chopped Jalapeno's and chopped red bell. Can shread some zuchinni in there if you like. One egg, little olive oil and a couple of ground up Ritz crackers. Season with your favorite rub. We like to grill on lump and mesquite and then top with a smoked gouda pimento cheese we buy at a market here in Texas. Bunless and delicious.

Chopped Jalapeno's and chopped red bell. Can shread some zuchinni in there if you like. One egg, little olive oil and a couple of ground up Ritz crackers. Season with your favorite rub. We like to grill on lump and mesquite and then top with a smoked gouda pimento cheese we buy at a market here in Texas. Bunless and delicious.
My mouth is watering just thinking about it! Thanks!!

that sounds great....but wtf is the turkey??

Carefully unwrap it.
Gently remove it from the packaging.
Warm to room temperature.
Look at it Carefully, smell it for freshness.
Then immediately toss that crap in the garbage, grow a set and make a real burger using BEEF!!!!

Carefully unwrap it.
Then immediately toss that crap in the garbage, grow a set and make a real burger using BEEF!!!!

If it's wild turkey (no, not the freaking booze), a set already existed because only fatso's raise beef - way too easy.

Carefully unwrap it.
Then immediately toss that crap in the garbage, grow a set and make a real burger using BEEF!!!

I've never had a turkey burger that I know of. But I've got several breasts in the freezer, and am looking for different things to try with them. Beef, elk, venison, and antelope are preferred for burger, but If I'm gonna kill it, I'm gonna grill it! :D :D

Plus, with turkey season just around the corner, I'll have another freezer full of em after I tag out in at least 2 states!! :LOL::LOL:

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom