Turkey Hunters

headed out 4/27 for a few days of turkey hunting in unit 12A ... More snow this year than in 2019 from recent scouting trip ...
Bruce & SilverGrand

headed out 4/27 for a few days of turkey hunting in unit 12A ... More snow this year than in 2019 from recent scouting trip ...
Bruce & SilverGrand
Going up also this week. Called the Blm and the lady said they have no one else out to see what the road conditions were. Looking for how far on 22 you can go? Any info?

Going up also this week. Called the Blm and the lady said they have no one else out to see what the road conditions were. Looking for how far on 22 you can go? Any info?

22 is open to about the 206 road, coming from the north. Where it hits HWY 67 is probably 2-3 weeks out at least. Still lots of snow there. As of 4-18.

My son connected on a big ole Tom on the youth hunt. We called it in.

2E0B85C7-2E58-41D5-B358-A04AEB64BF25.jpeg

Went up Wednesday to do some pre season scouting. If your not going up to 67 you can get around fairly easy. Yes there is snow, but get out and travel the hills. Saw 0 turkey signs on Wednesday and Thursday . Went to one of my favorite spots and got lucky and by 7:15 was walking out with a beautiful 2 year old double bearded bird. First I have ever taken. If I could figure out how to post a picture from my cell I would. Had beautiful weather.

Congrats to Mickey and Rut's son!

I've hunted Nebraska Merriam's the last several years and typically don't have much luck calling. I guess they don't like my southern accent! :D

COVID kept me from making the Nebraska trip this year.

I spent the weekend helping a friend chase birds in 3C. First time i've hunted 3c turkeys in a long time and boy is it sad how few turkeys there are anymore in that unit. We used to have no problem killing a handful of turkeys there each year but anymore it's pretty rough to find birds.

All I had to show for my weekend was a cactus in the A$$. Little red invisible thorns in the butt cheek aren't very fun. Thank goodness my wife was willing to grab the tweezers and help me out. I think there are still a few in there but the wife can't find them. fun to say the least.

From my experiences Arizona's bird numbers have been going down for 7-8 years. For the life of me I can't figure out why a state like AZ with very limited wildlife allows hunters to shoot hens in the fall. In all my years I know of only one person who actually shot a tom. The majority taken are hens and to make matters worse, these are OTC tags so there is no control over the areas that get hunted the hardest. Time to stop killing the baby makers. One more thing I would like to add is that I think all the jr. hunts are having an impact on the numbers of birds and the overall quality of the later hunts. I know it is not popular to say but might be time to reduce their tag numbers too. At the very least, make them all draw hunts and no jr. OTC hunts. This way G&F has a little control over the number of birds taken in each unit. Hate to be the downer on a Monday morning. Good luck to everyone that has a tag.

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom