Turkey Time here I go!!!

RioHuntNutt

Well looks like I get the day off tomorrow and am headed out to take my single shot 20 gauge for a hike . Also packing my fishing rods as Eagle Nest is finally open for shore fishing .Here's to hearing a gobble or two and getting after some more pike! Enjoy the weekend and remember to choose to be kind ...

So Rio has tomorrow off, and says see you next week. What happened to Friday? I believe that is code for Go Time.

I don’t think it’s until next week, I called the game department today and was told the draw is completed but wouldn’t be released until April 26th. The guy said the release is determined by upper management and generally the opening and closing and release is done on Wednesdays. That puts it at the original April 26 posted date. Bank it!

I don’t think it’s until next week, I called the game department today and was told the draw is completed but wouldn’t be released until April 26th. The guy said the release is determined by upper management and generally the opening and closing and release is done on Wednesdays. That puts it at the original April 26 posted date. Bank it!
Why would you call and bother them with the question? Your call does not speed up the process, nor would they be obligated to give a straight answer. All it accomplishes is making the person on the receiving end of that call answer the same dumb question again.

It would be like a bourbon drinker calling a liquor store and asking if they have a highly allocated bottle. They already received 50 other calls and even if they had said bottle the answer would still be no.

Rant over.

Yes, Thanks Rio. You make the time between applying and drawing results bearable. A lot of us just give you crap to pass the time. Even though my group went 0-30 this year, we still appreciate you and New Mexico. Funnest state to apply in.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom