Turkey Tree

RoughCountry

I was out looking for some Turkey sign yesterday and found this roosting tree. Zoom the pic in and look at the amount of droppings at the bottom of this tree. This big Ponderosa Pine has been home to a lot of turkeys for a long time.

7DFCAD4B-FA01-4B24-95EE-30DE718D8432.jpeg

54E18D3F-258B-46BA-BFCE-9CA3E5C15236.jpeg

I have found several of those 'roost trees' over the years, turkeys have been using them for decades. Only problem is they are always on private property.

Yes sir it should be good. I snuck in there last night and stayed a couple hundred yards away and could see a lot of birds fly up at dusk and a lot of gobbling too. Now I just hope our liberal Governor doesn’t ban Turkey hunting.

Nice find on the tree. If you could send me the GPS coordinates, I would be happy to check on it next month for you ;)
I'll even send you pictures.

The sad thing is that MLG stands a good chance of getting reelected just because she has a "D" behind her name. It is very sad that people vote for someone based on the "D" or "R" instead of the policies that person will vote for. NM is following in the footsteps of California for wildlife management and other policies.

Yes sir it should be good. I snuck in there last night and stayed a couple hundred yards away and could see a lot of birds fly up at dusk and a lot of gobbling too. Now I just hope our liberal Governor doesn’t ban Turkey hunting.

View attachment 35786
Im with Brian , I too am willing to help you keep an eye on that tree. I can be there opening day to make sure no hunters disturb the area until you get there on the weekend...I mean I'll have to take a day off work but Im willing to do so to help a brother out..

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom