Turkeys

i have never hunted them but i hear a bunch of them are on private land so with out access they are hard to get at. i don't think there is much competition for the tags i remember seeing some for sale after the draw last year. hope that helps

The name of the wildlife area east of Carson City escapes me at the moment, but they have good numbers of turkeys on that wildlife area. I've hunted them for over 20 years, so if you draw I'll be glad to give you some pointers. Of course, as we get closer to March, you'll see a lot of talk about turkey hunting on the General Hunting forum, as well.

They're a ton of fun to hunt in the spring.

I hunt NV wild turkeys every year in Lyon County.
It's true that most are on private land. Here is the kicker, if you put your name in the hat for the Mason Valley Wildlife Reserve, your odds are a lot slimmer because more people put in for that since they don't have private land. I have put in for general hunt each year because I have private ranch access, and have got'n my tag every year. Not a turkey every year, but a tag :)

Warning - if you start hunting wild turkey, you will become addicted.

Uuuugh - I just applied online and now the application process has changed. You have to make two choices if your doing General hunt, Lyon County, and Churchill County.

You have to choose 1st and 2nd choice. You cannot put Lyon down for both, so there is a possibility that I may be hunting Churchill County this year.

Heck - I don't even know where the Turkey's are in Churchill county in regards to General hunt... Uuuugh.

Jason

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom