TV Hunting folks

CHWino_1

Seems like a good topic this time of year when we're all shut indoors and not much to watch. My gal has been out of town for a few days and I've even ventured to shows I wouldn't normally watch.

So I'll ask who's your favorite TV hunting personality? Maybe your top 2 or 3?

Favorite hunting gal?

And of course, the person you wouldn't go on a hunt with, even if the hunt was free?

Mine? Tim Wells. Doesn't take himself too seriously, knows how to have fun, yet is an awesome bow hunter.

#2 is Nick Mundt. Same reason, knows TV is for entertainment and yet is a hard core hunter. (disclosure: I've hunted with Nick before).

Gal? Julie of Beyond the Hunt. Just comes across as the girl next door. Nice attitude and seems like a great hunter.

Least favorite? Jim Burnworth. Seems self important. Also knows exactly how many elk he's killed and tells us each time. Runner up: Uncle Ted Nugent. As much as I agree with his message of personal freedom and hunters rights, he just seems like a running infomercial and insincere. Also a history of poaching.

Second runner up: Ralph C. of Ralph and Vicki. Just can't indentify with his schitck. Hate is shaking hand after he kills, and his on camera persona is just bad for me.

Might be an interesting topic.

Fav: jim shockey

Women: n/a

Least fav: randy newberg. Lot of episodes where he doesnt kill anything. Its been better recently though.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-17 AT 11:47PM (MST)[p]Favorite: Randy Newberg and Steve Rinella

Least Favorite: Nugent, Best of the West, anybody that puts too much emphasis on killing

EDIT: I also really like Nate Simmons backpack hunts.

Grizzly

I LIKE ALL THE GUYS ON WESTERN HUNTER PLUS JASON MATZINGER.
KRISTY TITUS WHEN I MET HER CAME ACROSS AS VERY GENUINE SUPER NICE,YOU COULD TELL SHE IS A VERY SINCERE PERSON.

Favorites
1. Nate Simmons- Awesome DIY public land hard core hunter.

2. Randy Newberg- He's a great advocate for public lands and I like how he teaches alot of strategy into his way of hunting and teaches you how to use maps and how to get tags in your pocket every year.

3. Jim Shockey- He has a huge respect for big game and I think his boy produces some of the best cinematography in the industry. I do however like the western big game the most I'm not to big on alot of the Africa stuff. Not that I'm opposed to it I've just never been there hunting so I'm sure that's why I don't enjoy it I can't relate to it.

Favorite Female

1. Jana Waller- I think she does alot of good things for vets. And she likes western big game hunting and seems like a really good person.

Least Favorite

Jackie Bushman- Just don't like the show it just seems so 1980's format and they spend alot of time at the table talking about themselves.

Favorite: Randy Newberg, Steve Rinella, Nate Simmons

Least Favorite: Fat Guy from Steve's Adventures, Ted Nugent, John Porter (Best of West)

Worst: Jim Burnworth (hands down)

just sayin...mh

I like Eastmans,I don't like Steve from Steves outdoor because he is always shooting the animal. My favorite Gal would be Tiffany from the crush she reminds me of Phyllis Diller.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-17 AT 09:37AM (MST)[p]#1 Nate Simmons hands down awesome hunter that actually shows the frustration and elation on tv
#2 Steve Rinella or Remmi Warren
Favorite chica Christie Titus

LAST EDITED ON Apr-14-17 AT 03:07PM (MST)[p]Favorite: 1)Nate S. and actually 2)Steve West of The Adventure series, I guess I have not seen him in Steve's outdoor adventures He does shoot a lot of the animals but he always puts his client first (Adventure series Alaska, Canada...) and I know for a fact has donated several of those high end hunts to deserving people. They go to and film in some pretty kick butt/ tough places out of lower 48.

Least: Long Range Pursuit. Aaron Davidson and his Brother are the hunter 95% of the time and to much hype/infomercial on their system.

Worst: Man Vs. Elk they whack everything on that Colorado ranch that moves.

>Favorite: Randy Newberg, Steve Rinella, Nate
>Simmons
>
>Least Favorite: Fat Guy from Steve's
>Adventures, Ted Nugent, John Porter
>(Best of West)
>
>Worst: Jim Burnworth (hands down)
>
>just sayin...mh

I really enjoy Randy Steve and Nate.

I don't watch killing shows but I do watch hunting shows on occasion.
Justin

Simmons hands down. Sheep shape is good entertainment. Shockeys are first class for up north hunting.
By far Colorado Buck is the worst, he seems like a first class dipschitt to boot. with pretty limited knowledge on hunting. With that goofy hair I'm surprised white Rain or Auqanet hasn't sponsored him. Have a hard time watching Steve West. For never leaving private ground he kills some pretty avg animals on his western state hunts while usually hunting premium rut dates. A lot of 3 yr old 140-150" muleys and plenty 2-3 yr old rag horn elk. He seems to take a lot of credit for what his guides do for him. He does have some decent B roll footage but everything always has the truck or side by side in it. He seems like a guy who could do some real damage at the local Buffett.

Jim Shockey And Steven Rinella...hard core,serious hunters who respect the animal and the pursuit...Lady hunters!?No pertinent complaints about any of them...hth

By far my favourite is Nate Simmons. So much respect for the animals, the country. He really shows the emotions, the roller coaster of the public land bowhunts. He hunts for the right reasons, and he kills amazing animals for OTC or easy to draw tags.

I have honestly never seen any of them but Nugent......but if you'd post up pics of all the females I'll pic a favorite.

Hands down favorite is Steven Rinella. Number 2 is Remi Warren. I don't really have a least favorite but I can't watch any of the eastern shows. The tree stand over a food plot/feeder hunts aren't my cup of tea.

1- Live 2 Hunt with Cody Robins, As far a mule deer his show is tops!!

Jim Shockey I like the shows from the Yukon best, as mentioned above.

As far as the women go is this based on skills or looks?

I do like the Eastman's content. But Guy is a terrible host. Monotone, scripted no personality.
(Stay with us as we hunt giant mule deer bucks) not good

Nate Simmons is #1! You can't fake it very much at 10k'

Cody Robbins is good when he has good tags for mule deer, but why can't he get it done on elk?

Jim Shockey in the Yukon is pretty legit also.

There are a couple female hunters that are OK to watch also. ??

I was a Cam Hanes fan until I met him at the expo in SLC in 2016. 50 people standing there waiting for him to finish a podcast interview with a group. He takes off his headset, jumps over the table in the back and is almost running down the aisle. My brother chased him down for a picture with his son.

Favorite show: Pretty much anything involving Mule Deer, Elk, or Sheep.

Least favorite: Anything with Turkeys or Whitetails.

I won't run judgement whether a guy is good or not just from what we see on TV. I've spent time in camp with a few of the different guys, and hands down my favorite was Jim Sessions from Best of the West. Super cool guy, very helpful and just plain fun to be around.

2a0fcsk.gif

I've really liked Randy Newberg lately,maybe because I'm older and can relate to the struggles he has and his toughness. Also Epic Outdoors and Meateaters shows,not in to the whitetail stands and baiting.

>Favorite show: Pretty much anything involving
>Mule Deer, Elk, or Sheep.
>
>
>Least favorite: Anything with Turkeys or
>Whitetails.
>
>I won't run judgement whether a
>guy is good or not
>just from what we see
>on TV. I've spent time
>in camp with a few
>of the different guys, and
>hands down my favorite was
>Jim Sessions from Best of
>the West. Super cool guy,
>very helpful and just plain
>fun to be around.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
2a0fcsk.gif

If You Don't Like Hunting/Watching Turkeys You Surely Can't Like to Hunt Elk!

[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My Signature Just for NVB!
Like 6 Damn Times Now!

Scott Leyseth is my fav. Always appreciate his cooking tips and those of his guests.

Favorite hunting gals have to be Titus or Teresa Vail even if she did screw up on her bear hunt. Who doesn't like a hunting hottie with a set of D's...

Most irritating is Burnworth with his body count on every episode followed by Newberg with his thank you Mr. Deer or Mr. Elk after they've hit the dirt.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-17 AT 09:55AM (MST)[p] Randy Newberg, Steve's outdoor adventures,Steve Rinella..maybe a couple others.

Just Junie looks good and seems knowledgeable as does Eva Shockey.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-17-17 AT 10:17AM (MST)[p]Favorites: Bill Winke (Midwest whitetail) Grant Woods (growing deer) Randy Newberg, Heartland bowhunter guys, Zac Griffith and the Hushin Boys, and the guys at Solvid are all good. And shockey

Least: most everyone I hate. Pat Reeve I hate the most though, Ralph and Vicki, guy Eastman, TBone, Roger Raglan, babe winkleman etc

Cody Robbins is the best for me. I'd like to hunt SK with him and his crew. Also like the DIY guys like Remi Warren. I DVR the mule deer and a few elk shows and watch when I'm working out early in the morning. I fast forward a lot. It is amazing that Eastmans don't know the proper terms for the plants and tines after spending a lifetime in Wyoming and the hunting business.

I like Julie too; seems down to earth. But sure wish some of those shows could show someone who can hunt in a public land situation once in a while.

I like the Gunwerks guys more for some of the info they share. Don't care that every shot has to be 500+ yards even if it means backing up to take the shot :)

I'd like to see what's edited out of some shows. Bet it is a way different story when it airs.

I'm thinking Tiffany's guides could tell some dandy stories............

Favorites: Remi Warren, he is the man when it comes to hunting. Another is Randy Newberg, I like Randy because he is just down to earth, tells it like it is.
Favorite Female: Tiffany, that damn girl is hot and likes to hunt. Enough said
Least favorite: Steve West, seems phony to me.

>LAST EDITED ON Apr-13-17
>AT 11:47?PM (MST)

>
>Favorite: Randy Newberg and Steve Rinella
>
>
>Least Favorite: Nugent, Best of the
>West, anybody that puts too
>much emphasis on killing
>
>EDIT: I also really like Nate
>Simmons backpack hunts.
>
>Grizzly

Dang, that was going to be my list as well. I barely watch TV hunting, can't pay attention for very long and find it really fake, but Steve Rinella seems at least somewhat authentic. A few friends know Randy Newberg and really like him as a human being.

fav: most western hunts, mule deer, elk, etc.

worst: anything involving sitting in a tree stand shooting whitetail

>
> If You Don't Like Hunting/Watching
>Turkeys You Surely Can't Like
>to Hunt Elk!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>[Font][Font color = "blue"]I Changed My
>Signature Just for NVB!
>Like 6 Damn Times Now!

If you think Turkey hunting is as fun as Elk hunting, then I don't know if we can be friends anymore!

2a0fcsk.gif

Lots of good comments.

I don't get Sportsman's channel so that explains why I don't know Nate Simmons and Steven Rinella.

I do like Cody Robins shows and no doubt he's a badass hunter, but not quite cool with how he's always pointing the camera at himself. He's also too over-the-top at times.

The quality of Shockey's shows is great no doubt. That guy is doing well. Most of the commercials on his show promote HIS stuff...more power to him.

I forgot about Roger Raglan. Jimmeny Christmas!

Funny how Corey Knowlton got run off of Shockey's shows.

Colorado Buck is an interesting guy. Seems genuine enough. Certainly not the sharpest tool in the shed, but I'd hunt with him.

I'm a big Kristy Titus fan. I follow her on Facebook. Eva Shockey too.

My favorite famous hunting personalities are:
-ZEKE
-Littlebighorn
-Elkassassin, aka bobcatbess, the cat, or the basin assassin

LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-17 AT 01:18PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Apr-18-17 AT 01:16?PM (MST)

Can't stand Roger Raglin's laugh. Can't stand all the low budget shows with rock music, black face paint designs from the movie Braveheart and "YEAH BABY!!!!!!" followed by an extended fist clench and some sort of cave man noise and more rock music.

I love Michael Waddell's genuine enthusiasm. I've had the pleasure of talking to him a couple of times and think it would be a blast to share camp with him.
Tim Wells is another genuine guy and a truly naturally gifted, amazing archer.
Would love to hunt the Yukon with Jim Shockey as my guide.

NRA Life Member

www.swanspointoutfitters.com
www.lazybar-t.com

The critters have to win every time. I only have to win once.

I will agree with most others here. Western Hunter guys(best produced show as well),Rinella,Newberg,Warren & Shockey are all about the hunt and mostly public land. Much more enjoyable when you can relate to what they are doing.

As for female I would say Eva Shockey and Tiffany with no talking & wearing a tank top.

Least favorite would be any whitetail hunting from a tree or box. I get & respect the method but don't want to watch it on T.V. Jim Burnworth is a gooberdick as stated above and stretches the truth to say the least on where and how he takes his big game animals.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom