Two bear CWMU

Seen a couple nice bulls from the road up there about 10 years back but haven't been up there since it looked like a good area

They change operators after the draw deadline this year and those that drew are not received the same treatment as was agreed upon with the original operator. I’m not sure if my friend will be able to work it out with the new operator or have to file a complaint with the DWR and return the tag. It does not appear that the new operator is going to treat the public hunters the same same as the old operator. Also the price on the tags went up with the new operator. The old operator managed the ranch for quality deer and elk. I’m not sure that the new operator will do the same. Sad deal all the way around. If you would have asked this same question a year ago with the old operator involve I would have said nothing but good about the Two Bear CWMU. Good luck.

A lot of complaints about that CWMU in years past. I know one of their paying clients thought they could hunt public land moose with their tag and it didn't end well.

I drew a tag this year and after talking with the outfitter their offering the same as the previous outfitter. Same dates, guided, camping with a self contained RV. I'll post after my hunt
What dates did they offer you? Did you draw a deer or elk tag? Your offering of the same dates as the old operator by the new operator has not been the case for my friends wife. I’m try to figure out why the difference between the same tags.

When I contacted the operator prior to applying he stated that he will start their hunts Oct 10 -14, Oct 15 - 19 and Oct 20 - 24. Once the draw was completed and they had the list they would be contacting the tag holders. My hunt is Oct 17 - 22. Falls right in the dates the original operator told me.

talked to them prior to putting in for the cow hunts, seemed straight up. they did go longer on the cow hunts this year with dividing the hunters up in three weekends. I'm curious about what differences are from the Two points opinion

I had fun cow hunting a couple years ago. They let you do your thing. Told you some places cows would be. Check in and check out at the lodge. They were nice when I hunted up there.

talked to them prior to putting in for the cow hunts, seemed straight up. they did go longer on the cow hunts this year with dividing the hunters up in three weekends. I'm curious about what differences are from the Two points opinion

Let’s just say I have a lot of insight on what dates the old operator offered the public land hunters which provided them with a quality bull elk rut hunting experience. Everyone needs to understand that the new operator has been in partnership with the old operator for many years so bad experience such as the moose hunt mentioned above could very well have been one of the new operators clients. They had separate clients on that CWMU. I know very well that the old operator would not have offered my friends wife the post rut dates that the new operator has offered. It really is a bad deal for how the situation played out and not to dramatize it more than it is but to switch the operator after putting in for the hunt and to not get the dates offered is what give CWMU’s a bad rap. With the old operator involved it was one of the few CWMU’s that I would recommend to friends with full confidence that they would have a great hunt. This situation has put me in some awkward conversations with my friend as I have been trying to help his wife through this situation. I mostly feel bad because my referral went bad really fast and I think most would understand what it feels like when you feel like you let a friend down. Anyways I hope all goes well for everyone with tags and good luck.

Last edited:
If they are offering you 5-6 weeks after October 28th I would hunt the early dates. If you have some heavy snow you may not have any elk on the ranch to hunt if you wait. Just some words of advice. I hope you can fill your freezer. Have fun.

Bearpaw Outfitters

Experience world class hunting for mule deer, elk, cougar, bear, turkey, moose, sheep and more.

Wild West Outfitters

Hunt the big bulls, bucks, bear and cats in southern Utah. Your hunt of a lifetime awaits.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, shiras moose and mountain lions.

Shane Scott Outfitting

Quality trophy hunting in Utah. Offering FREE Utah drawing consultation. Great local guides.

Utah Big Game Outfitters

Specializing in bighorn sheep, mule deer, elk, mountain goat, lions, bears & antelope.

Apex Outfitters

We offer experienced guides who hunt Elk, Mule Deer, Antelope, Sheep, Bison, Goats, Cougar, and Bear.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer high quality hunts on large private ranches around the state, with landowner vouchers.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear, cougar and bison hunts in the Book Cliffs and Henry Mtns.

Lickity Split Outfitters

General season and LE fully guided hunts for mule deer, elk, moose, antelope, lion, turkey, bear and coyotes.

Back
Top Bottom