Two Dems I like

Zigga

Long Time Member
Baucus, Tester Tell Holder to Back off Assault Weapon Ban

By Courtney Lowery, 3-16-09

Montana Sens Jon Tester and Max Baucus are asking Attorney General Eric Holder to back off the assault weapons ban.

The two sent a letter to Holder, in which they write:

?We will strongly oppose any legislation that will infringe upon the rights of individual gun owners. We value our outdoor heritage, and a large part of that is our Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms. Passing this heritage down from one generation to the next is a sacred part of being a Montanan and something we will always fight to protect.?

No response from you rightys and that's a shame. At least tell me why Congressman Rehberg wasn't mentioned. He's a republican. Maybe he's too busy buying reloading equipment. Who knows. I actually like Rehberg but haven't heard a peep out of him since the election. Did they terminate his position?

Had this been about 2 dems wanting gun regulations you guys would have sunk your teeth right into it. Just pointing out that not all dems are bad and not all republicans are bad either. They're just harder to find.:)

Zigga,

Baucus just about lost his job when he voted for the Brady bill. Neither he nor Tester can afford a pro gun control move by the Obama administration.

I don't think Rehberg has to say anything in regards to gun control as he is not ever voted in favor of them nor do most Republicans favor gun control.

I am glad they coauthored a letter. Not certain how much weight it carries but at least we know where these two stand on the issue.

Nemont

LAST EDITED ON Mar-18-09 AT 06:29AM (MST)[p]WOW, thanks for the news flash zigga, montana senators against gun control! if the wind was blowing the other way in MT, so would they.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom