Two new Omega/Encore clones have arrived

Hey there 777 you were right on the money
on your timeing , those look like there going
to give omega a little compitition , I gave a
buddy of mine a call today and asked him if he
could get me a price on encore he has a ffl.
he is going to get back with me tomarro.

I wonder how well that encore clone shoots. I would like to hear more about them before I would consider them.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-19-03 AT 12:56PM (MST)[p]Nice looking rifles for sure. Thanks for the links. They sure are starting to get awefully heavy though...almost 9 pounds. Before you know it, they'll be selling Black Powder rail guns...lol.

Anyway, even the Omega is a Kahnke clone. Did Kahnke copy someone else? http://www.powderandbow.com/kahnke/ He'd probabably add an inch or two to the barrel length on request.

His rifles are a lot lighter at least...plus they're only 50-100 more than the Apex for a custom rifle.

Come to find out the other day, even Shilen is starting to offer custom barrels for Black Powder rifles. It's really taking off as an alternative to modern rifle hunting.

the encore was another conversation i had with 777 dalet , I to would like to here something about them befor i would buy then.

Actually there's nothing "Wincester" about it, just the name. Winchester Muzzleloading is owned by BPI, the owners of CVA. Some of the "Winchester" people were or are also CVA bigwigs. They are spanish imports (CVA and Winchester Muzzleloading).

We too, born to freedom, and believing in freedom, are willing to fight to maintain freedom. We, and all others who believe as deeply as we do, would rather die on our feet than live on our knees.-Franklin Roosevelt

rats, wolfhound.
your telling me the muzzy. doesn't have the same features of the winchester,
Why put the name on it.
I'll still have to check it out.

OUCH, JUST SAW ONE OF THE NEW WINCHESTERS,
looks like a nice design,
got get me one now.
also need it in a 7 mm mag.& 300 win mag,
dont care for the wsm, they dont have the accuracy,
or the sledge hammer finish at the end.
unless your standing on top of your target,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos