Ugly Bear

H

highcountry32

49fa310449644d7a.jpg

49fa312b49f74778.jpg

First bear coming in steady, Any Ideas on why there is no hair on his face?

We shot one in Idaho a couple of years that had no facial hair, looked just like this bear. I thought maybe it was mange or ticks, but it looked pretty ugly.

Probably from sticking his skinny head into the small hole in your barrel to get the fudge you were supposed to give me! :)

Get back to work, slacker... :)

Corey

i shot one a bunch of years back in idaho that had no hair to speak of on its face. it ended up being 33 years old so i wrote it off to old age like the rest of us! dont know tho really.

Travis
www.RidgelineOutdoors.com
Blacks-Creek Packs Dealer

I was told that they are trying to keep the bugs off there face and they rub on trees and that it is also part of there rutting, like a bull or buck would do with his horns, it is there bear rut in the spring you know. So if that helps at all.

Had a horse that would do that same thing every spring. Just an irregular shedding pattern. Freaky looking for sure.

Kicker

I shot a bear on the 22nd of april. It was a medium bear and the only one I had seen in alot of feet miles. he too looks all rubbed and if I can get a picture loaded I will show you what I mean. Just wondering what things cause this. It was my forst bear hunt and I was told they should be beautiful this time of year. here goes. okay no luck. anyone help? Layne

Corey hit it on the head--its bald cause it has to stick its head into that tiny hole, and its skinny cause it has the runs all day from eating nothing but the fudge you feed it. And if there was anyone out there that would shoot that ugly lookin dink bear, it is you! I keep coming into work, expecting to see that mangy hide sitting on my desk!

You should watch "The Great Outdoors" with John Candy. Then you will know why its bald.

We got a bear once that had a lot of it's hair missing from on top of it's paws and on it's face. We asked a biologist about it and he said mice and voles chew it off while the bears are hibernating for their little mousy dens. When we got looking at the bear again, it kind of looked like that was the case.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom