Ungrateful bird

eelgrass

Long Time Member
This winter I built a few bird houses just for the heck of it and I put one on my wood shed out behind the garage. It's kind of low, maybe 9' off the ground so I really wasn't expecting a bird to use it. I also have a couple deer racks and a antelope skull hanging back there.

I don't go back there much this time of year and kind of forgot about it until the other day. A dang bird built a nest in the antelope skull right next to the bird house. Whatever kind of bird it is, it's not too bright.
P1010138.JPG
P1010134.JPG

Eel it must be a liberal thinking bird. They are not noted for having any smarts. Just hope it is not a spotted owl or you may have to protect it.
RELH

looks like a tyrant flycatcher.

That is rude of the bird, most would solve it with a BB gun.

I put some bird houses and bird houses. Well the blackbirds decided to raid it. instead of eating they take their feet and scoop down to the ground to share with the other black birds. Now the seeds have turned into plants. I would shoot them but I could be on the news for being a racist.

Great Eel..you have a marbled muralet nesting on the woodshed and you post it on the world wide web...be prepared for every greener in So-Hum to be protesting and shed sitting on your property

Longun nailed it. The Audubon Society wants to declare my wood shed a Wildlife Preserve and close it to all human activity during the breeding season from April to September.

I used to like birds but now I think they're just flying rats.

Now now. You could haze* it, but its way cooler to be able to look at. Birds are generally a good judge of neighbors. :)

*The damn things nest all over bridges, so its standard practice to either haze them or hang a bunch of nets everywhere. We hazed them with a fire hose. Perfectly legal if supervised by a qualified biologist. Or DOT inspector:rolleyes:

I personally have been turtle trained, and am an expert on defending desert tortoises.

She had 2 chicks....are all baby birds called chicks? Anyhow, I hadn't seen her for a few days so I got the ladder and took a look. The nest is empty so I guess they moved on. Mission accomplished I hope.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom