Unit 1, public land elk.

ducksbucksandbulls

If a guy had a ton of points and was lucky enough to draw one of the very few tags, Is there big bulls on public lands???
Thanks... Is it as good as 10, 2,or 201 ???

Never hunted it but looked at it. Access is tough from what I hear, small unit, lots of private. If I had a ton of points I'd hunt 201 then either 2 or 10 with 1 last. I've hunted 2 a couple of times, shot a 340 type bull there last year.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-24-10 AT 09:27PM (MST)[p]Not a very good pix. I was by myself and it was sleeting.
9223colo_elk_2009_006.jpg

I rifle hunted that Unit(non-resident) last year and killed a 333" 6x6, 51 & 53" mains, 44" inside, on the first day. I saw a huge non-typical killed by the other non-resident(only 2 non-resident tags issued). There was a long thread about that bull either on this forum or the Elk forum. I have pictures of that bull but I did not ask for permission to post them. I looked at the 2009 stats for that Unit the other day and the success rate on bulls is approaching 100%. A couple of days before the season, I did see a big 6x6 near the Monument that I believe was a 360-370 class bull. Downside to this Unit is it is small with limited access and private on top. If I wanted to get a better bull, I would probably try to camp and hunt high on the edge of the Monument just below the private.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom