Unit 10 BULLNBEAR

vichris

It was tough hunt but with a little help from some good hunting buddys I got it done.

Actually I was just plain lucky this year. All I did was get up early, spent time in the trees, and shot straight. I hunted with some new hunting buddies & met some really good guys out in the Zuni's this year.

You can blame nmbullfighter for this he's the one who pointed me here.

P1010865.jpg

P1010859.jpg

P1010874.jpg

P1010829.jpg

It's a sow believe it or not. I thought sure it was a boar. Shot her on Oso Ridge 9/6/08. She's pretty old too. It was a spot and stalk situation. I was quietly stalking to an old elk honey hole and heard some noise. I came around some trees and she was eating berries. Got to 40 yds and hit her. She was only 364 ft from the spot I killed a cow a couple years ago. Hit her a little bit back so she went pretty far before piling up. Left a great blood trail. I think the Slick Tricks were why she bled so much.

Are you hunting bears up there? PM me if you are.

so when we gonna go back and chase some more bears? i still got my tag..lol

Thanks nmmuley,

The Bowtech Tribute and the Slick Tricks BH's had alot to do with it. Great blood trails on both animals.

>so when we gonna go back
>and chase some more bears?
>i still got my tag..lol
>

I have a three day weekend coming up in Oct. Maybe I can get out and put you on them. Any idea how many sows killed so far in that bear zone?

i can check now..but it will refresh the harvest on thursday..i'll just wait till then and check it..

>did ya see many Bucks well
>you was hunting.

Gator & NeverStopHuntin

Yes I saw quite a few really nice bucks in unit 10 this year. I always see some really good ones in there. I wish I was hunting deer there especially this year . They were all over, but I did see more of them in the lower end of Rice park closer towards Bluewater. I also saw some in the triangle off 480 and a few more over near the Notches.

Good luck guys

Here's some that we saw and one we caught on a game camera.

MDGC0036.jpg

P1010849.jpg

P1010808.jpg

P1010811.jpg

Photo001-1.jpg

P1010837.jpg

P1010782.jpg

Thanks for the pictures, I have a buddy who has a tag for that unit. I'm sure he will like seeing the pictures.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom