Unit 102 Mountain Goat

mickeyelk

Very Active Member
Any deer hunters seeing any mountain goats in this unit. Been up there 3 times and saw one so far. Help!

Well, my hunt is over finally. Spent 17 days trying to find and take a Billy, or just any goat. On Friday my mission was complete. Fatrooster and I hunted lamoille Canyon. Located a Billy the evening before but it was too late to go after him. Following morning Fatrooster and I attacked the top of the mountain. I'm not a young person, so this hunt was very tasking and difficult at best. But Fatrooser kepted me on the path to take a goat. This will be a hunt that I'll never forget and also met a terrific good person that I'll call a friend. Never asking anything from me and going out of his way to help. Thanks again Fatrooster. Thanks also to Marcell for his info on locating goats which paid off to be the way to go.

Wow. Fantastic story and congratulations! Kudos to Fatrooster and Marcell for helping out. Hunting community lookin' out for each other. Gotta love it

What a great time I had hunting this goat with Mickeyelk. I had just as much fun bullsh#tting as I had hunting. In fact we had to make a conscience effort to quit bullsh#tting about hunting and actually get back to the task at hand. Don't let Mickeyelk fool you and say it was a tough hunt for him because he was on my heels every step of the way. For a 65 year old man he was getting around like a 45 year old man. Beautiful country, beautiful mountain goats and a great hunting partner and a true gentleman. Just a hell of a good time. Thanks for letting me tag along Mickey. fatrooster.

This is Mickeyelk the hunter.
3745620191025111055.jpg

This is fatrooster.
6928612312.jpeg

9770620191018080602.jpg

A group of Nannies.
And this is Mickey with his Billy.

1674920191025162013.jpg

Mickey shot the goat twice when he stood up out of his bed but the goat ran into an avalanch chute. Mickey gave him another round and he rolled down the mountain 300 yards and over a cliff and somewhere along the way he broke his horns in half. Tough luck but nothing a good taxidermist can't fix. I already had huge respect for mountain goats due to their beauty and high elevation they call home year around through summer and winter. But after hunting them I gained appreciation for their toughness. They can take a shot. Skin was 1/4" thick and fur is coarse. I bet he weighed between 250 to 300 pounds. Great hunt and a great new friend. fatrooster.

Thanks for the great write up Drew. Had a great time with you and hunting these goats. I'll never do anything like this again and my once in a lifetime tag was enjoyable to say the least. Your assistance on this hunt was, without question, made this hunt ever more memorable. Meeting a guy who went out of his way, even took off work, to help this old man out. You made this hunt happen. I spent 17 days in the Ruby's and didn't know that the best way to hunt these animals was to drive the canyon road. I'm not a road type hunter. Like to hike, but, high allitude, along with being over the hill, hiking 8-10 miles a day while there took its toll. But I'll remembethis hunt forever. Thanks again Drew and also had assistance from Marcial. Thanks guys.

Sure glad you were successful! Glad I was able to get up there for a little bit and help out, though we werent able to find anything that day.

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom