Unit 12 camp location suggestions

wyoflythrower

Hey everyone - my youngest drew son drew a bull tag for the last rifle season (his first tag) and was hoping someone may have some advice on possible camp locations. We are planning to head out there scouting the weekend prior to the hunt but haven’t stepped foot in 12 before. We have hunted 13 next door as well as Unit 1 in AZ across the border from 12. I know public lane is limited, especially the BLM which could be used as a camp.

Any suggestions would certainly be appreciated!

We camped in pie town but there is plenty of BLM land that can be camped on. Beware of the land owners in the area we ran into a few that were not so friendly and a few that had locked the gates to big swaths of state and BLM land. Even ran into a guy that had locked a county road.

I’ve set up right behind the school in the town of Fence Lake before when I had that tag. Good cell service, flat ground and an occasional dog barking.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom