Unit 121 Antelope!

mlycrzy

Very Active Member
Well after 6 years of applying I drew my 1st NV antelope tag. A good friend and I went up on Thursday the day before the opener to do a little looking around. Although we seen large numbers of goats I didn't see anything that got me too excited. Same was the case the next 2 days as the bucks were plentiful but not quite what I was looking for. We easily glassed over 35-40 bucks. Sunday morning came and we only had the morning to hunt as we had to start heading home. Finally after ALOT of glassing and miles on the ol' cummins we spotted a good heavy buck with 3 does and another little buck. We had to close the distance by about 1/2 a mile which we did easier than I expected. I set up and was waiting for a distance from my buddies but the range finders weren't cooperating so I guessed the buck to be about 450 yards. I held about 6" over his shoulder and touched the trigger. I first thought my shot was low and was steading for another shot when the buck stumbled and went down. We had a great time hunting and I was thrilled with my first buck antelope.

48b3525b26cf4d61.jpg

48b3529328352ec9.jpg

"You only live once,but if you work it right, once is enough" -Joe E. Lewis

Nice looking buck! It's fun to be able to glass so many bucks before "deciding" which one to take isn't it.

Hey JB thats a dang nice buck! man I wish I could have come but I know you and my dad had a great time! Im looking forward to the deer hunt in a couple weeks! we are gonna slay'em!

That's going to look good on the wall.... And even better as jerky! Good job bro!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom