Unit 124 Elk

LIK2HNT

Long Time Member
Anyone hunt Elk in 124 in the last couple years? Just trying to keep updated on how the units doing.
Thanks
Bill

I personally haven't hunted it since 2014 but I'm hearing quality was down this past season. I'm sure there's a couple big bulls around still. Guys that hunted 101 for deer are saying not many big bulls..

I watched a giant bull several days in October he would cross the highway into unit 30 and hit a water source. Then cross the highway back into the rocks in 124. 370 type bull.

Quality is down. G&F is letting out more tags than before and the drought we had this year didn't help anything. Still a few studs out there but sure feels like the age class is dropping.

South end ofm124 near Colorado border where I hunt has been down for a few years, Jist south in Colorado the quality is down as well. It is pretty amazing how many elk cross between the states and not just a little but sometimes 40-50 miles...

Thanks everyone
Elk96, what year did you hunt it and how did you do?
Thanks
Bill
I spend a ton of time in the unit along the border. I had the CO unit 2 tag in 2019 and hunted along the border. I never killed but I was only after bulls over 365. Up until this year I would spend 20-30 days in the southern 1/3 of the unit. Now I have moved up north and getting that way is a little harder. If I had the tag I would say I could find a 330 bull still but bigger is a lot harder than it used to be...

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom