Unit 13 Deer Advice

westtxn

2nd rifle tag drawn, I'm just another guy looking for advice, anything appreciated. I understand its a hard unit to hunt. Anyone willing to share anything? Nov 13th hunt, planning to scout about two weeks before. No issue putting in miles to get away from the crowds. Not looking for anyone's honey holes, more so places just places to avoid. I like the looks of the Forrest in the south around Mag and Datil. BLM around Landron looks sparse but i know muleys like that stuff too.

I figured anywhere with water has a chance, is there still water on the ground? I got alerts all through eh rainy season about good rains.

Any help appreicated. PM's welcome, can call me also.

Thanks everyone!

You’re new and you’re not looking for anyone’s honey holes you say? Welcome and good luck!
Yessir, actually not looking for the honey holes but if someone wants to divulge I'd be all ears ha! Just looking for advice from anyone that's had boots on the ground. I'm going cross-eyed on OnX.

I would say I’ve averaged about 8-10 days of hunting in there for every buck I’ve seen. Glass hard and pray harder. There are some giant old desert toads in there though. My honey hole would be anywhere other then the national forest.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom