Unit 14 Rifle Deer Hunt

Psyonics

I drew tags this year for unit 14 FAD in Oct 19-23. Was looking to see if anyone else drew tags that wanted to team up.

I have the archery Hunt in September. Never hunted the unit before, hopefully some good bucks are around that time of year.

Who knows. I've talked to a few people and they have said that it is a good unit, but no way to know for sure until you get out there.

It would be impressive if you can find someone with that tag. There aren't many of them and it is one of the most difficult tags to draw in the state.

>It would be impressive if you
>can find someone with that
>tag. There aren't many of
>them and it is one
>of the most difficult tags
>to draw in the state.
>

Didn't know that. Well if I do I do and if not I go solo. Should be fun either way.

Why is that hunt hard to draw? Is it low tags because low deer numbers, or is it because it's a quality hunt?

I'm not real familiar with the Mazanos, are there good deer populations in there?

Sup man ! You been hunting very long? Or new to Los lunas? I'm getting some of those vibes. P.m. me if u want.

>Why is it hard to draw?
>Is it because it's a
>quality hunt, or is it
>low tags because of low
>deer population?

It's hard to draw because it's close to town, there are no deer in the Manzano's don't put in for that unit it's terrible. =P

I shot these two bucks on the west side of the Manzanos in the early 90's. I imagine you could do as well if you get high enough in those steep canyons around Monte Largo. Good luck.

6167nm1991.jpg

92834nm19921.jpg

>I have the archery Hunt in
>September. Never hunted the unit
>before, hopefully some good bucks
>are around that time of
>year.

Me too! We'll just have to see.

There is a lot of deer there and there are some trophy’s in there. If you have horses it will be a lot easier if not get ready for some long walks if you want a good one.

There is a lot of deer there and there are some trophy’s in there. If you have horses it will be a lot easier if not get ready for some long walks if you want a good one.
It's some steep country going in from the west side, went to go check out the old JFK campgrounds on Sunday. Lots of country for sure and can see where horses would be handy.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom