Unit 143 rifle deer help

DeerHunter53

Long Time Member
Can anyone tell me anything about this zone. I believe we have enough points to draw it but I know nothing about it.
From the looks of it, the trees are sparse and the big mountain in the zone is Diamond Peak.
I just would like to know about trophy quality, deer density, access before we commit to this zone.
I would appreciate any info thanks in advance

MM

I remember reading quite a few posts here on mm on this topic last year and years past. Maybe try doing a search and see what you come up with.

I remember reading quite a few posts here on mm on this topic last year and years past. Maybe try doing a search and see what you come up with.
yeah I did a search and went back three years but the threads are all similar. I know things have changed in the last three years so I am trying to get some up to date info as in what hunters saw last year in this zone.

Some guy and his wife shot pretty nice 4 points in there a couple years back posted on a thread here. It’s low density deer numbers it was a great unit back in the day. Depending on your points res or non res? I would pass I’m sure it has a couple good bucks in the unit. My dads cousin has 6 pivots in diamond valley and the deer are sparse in their fields.

I am the guy and wife who shot the 2 bucks on that hunt. I cannot speak to how the unit was last year, but on our hunt if that was consider low density I must be hunting some crappy places?
We saw alot of deer and bucks. Nobody where we were hunting was willing to hike lots of hunters on SxS and atvs but no one out in the field. I am about to the points area I wont apply there as we will have 4 and I am putting in for different units now.

Ya you’re right you are hunting a crappy place even you won’t be putting for the tag even though in your words you saw a lot of deer. What’s you’re reason because other units in Nevada have a lot more to offer?

Ya you’re right you are hunting a crappy place even you won’t be putting for the tag even though in your words you saw a lot of deer. What’s you’re reason because other units in Nevada have a lot more to offer?

got more info in last few years on other units. We shot the 2 biggest bucks we saw. Think we saw about 30 bucks

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom