Unit 15 Bulls..... Lets see them and hear some stories

1manshow

How's it been going out in 15 so far? Gotta wait till the 1st muzzeloader hunt and iam going stir crazy..... Post em up .....1manshow

A colleague of mine was there for the first seven days of the hunt. Saw tons of cows and rags and heard one bugle the entire time. I would assume things will get better.

I drew the 1st archery - hunted from opener through the 7th.
Alot of bugling and was able to locate bulls pretty much every morning and evening. It was hot so they were holed up pretty good.
No problems locating them with bugles and cow calls but couldn't get anything to come in and collect a cow (other than one spike and a lonely cow). I did get on a giant herd bull and he had me running for about three hours! So that made the hunt for me...
Too much water to sit (I can't sit still for more than an hour anyway, though). I would think the 3rd archery will be prime.

Too much rain, not enough rain. Too much fire, not enough fire. Too hot. Full moon. The Gila always has it's excuse. I'm starting to believe that it's overrated and living off of the good ol days.

I have to agree with Sierra, the Gila is way over rated, too few tags, too much water, hunters killing bulls 350+ multiple years in a row. Sounds horrible who would want a tag like that? Oh wait me, "drew 16-A" and every one else that did not draw the Gila. I guess I should just put in for 52 or 45 oh almost forgot 46, lord knows that is where the elk are!

No big bulls in SW NM.....stay home,don't put in,heck no elk anyway...besides it's all wet and green. Maybe some one can tie one to a tree for you....
It's called Hunting, not Shopping!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom