Unit 15 Youth muzzleloader BULL DOWN

biggamehunter35

It all start in April 2020 when my son and I found out the draw results. My son had drew Unit 15 Youth Hunt muzzleloader last year a tuff hunt to draw for. I tried to make him understand it was very unlikely that he would draw it again. My son told me dad I’m feeling lucky I’m going to draw it again. The draw results were out and I always let him look his up his results. That alone is a rush to us. Sure enough he was yelling I drew I drew dad for deer and elk. I tell him where at ? He Yells we are chasing GILA BULLS again and Monster Bucks. I couldn’t believe it I even told him let me look. Sure enough he was right then I Yell HELL YEAH son. Two weeks before the hunt I took my son shooting the muzzleloader he did really good all the way to 150 yards.
FBAE5B25-F028-4B26-A9E4-AB73F92A09EA.jpeg
The day final came. My Son is 12 years old was so excited. We were setting up camp he keep telling me can u believe dad tomorrow is the day.
Sure enough we went driving around and stoping and glassing seeing if we find elk. My son spot two small bulls fight with cows by them. It was a AWESOME site to see. Then we hear bungle ring off little did we know that would be one of two bungles we would hear for the whole hunt. My son shaking me look at that BEAST Dad and Grandpa. I WANT HIM!!! He was a HUGE 7x7 bull. We spend the next two days trying to turn him back up.
739EDC0F-D632-4D67-ACAC-26508EA59F69.jpeg
BBBFA508-5E7F-469B-A75E-F18125AEA409.jpeg
When it was hot we would pick piñon. My son thought this was the coolest thing. My son told his Grandpa this what your did in the olden days. We couldn’t stop laughing me and dad. We did see cows a really small bulls but my son told me dad I at least want a 6x6 bull I got a 6x5 last year. On Sunday afternoon his Grandpa spot some cows. We made a stalk on them sure enough they came out running out. I never see the bull but my son said there’s a shooter dad there’s a shooter. He is huge dad. It was get dark told him we would come back in the morning. He was a little sad. By this time it was Monday morning we had done a lot of walk and wake up a little late on this day. We got to the spot has the sun was coming out. We started walking and jump 3 cows. NO bull. We keep walking all of sudden we see roughly 30 cows walking fast up the hill. We looked to the left of us at roughly 130 yards. I tell him SHOOT SHOOT!! He is tell him THATS HIM!! He starts to take off and his Grandpa whistles stops him in his track. My son fires the muzzleloader smoke flys. My son saying DID I GET HIM. Takes off running after him. The bull runs down the hill. I’m so excited I try running behind my son to help him reload I fall on my face. We had a good laugh about that afterward. He only ran 50 yards and fell over. That’s when the hugs started and the high fives. My son tell us thank you so much DAD and Grandpa.
0FC39DF4-7D9C-46F4-9447-74D57A27BCD5.jpeg
508637A0-E9DB-413B-B750-5A8E7C793A99.jpeg
3297A226-BFB5-440D-B814-12BC3E1D8976.jpeg
90AE244F-DC5E-49CF-890B-DD0B35BD1D84.jpeg
We said a prayer all together for this beautiful bull. Then the work started but was so much fun talking laughing. My son joke around by saying to his grandpa I think my dad was more excited then me he fell on is face lol. We spend the rest of the day packing him out. We end the night by having a camp fire and telling huntings stories.
D84CBBE5-6A79-40A5-84B6-A1CF5F3E4DE2.jpeg
My son said there is no better feeling then a big bull and camp fire and telling hunting stories I love this.

Did your son shoot the bull off of the Bog Pod setup? I'm curious about something similar for my boy.

Did your son shoot the bull off of the Bog Pod setup? I'm curious about something similar for my boy.
No did not use it this time it happen to fast for him. But the bog pod setup is GREAT For target practicing to give them great confidence. Or if you have time to set it up before your shot.

WOW CONGRATS
That was awesome to read
I have a hunt coming up with my daughters' and hope its as eventful as yours.
it's great to see that you, your dad, and your grandpa were with you on this epic adventure.
God Bless

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP

WOW CONGRATS
That was awesome to read
I have a hunt coming up with my daughters' and hope its as eventful as yours.
it's great to see that you, your dad, and your grandpa were with you on this epic adventure.
God Bless

Hunt Hard
Live Free
RIP
Thank you I hope you and your girls get some great big bulls don’t forget to share pictures would love to hear your guys story!

So awesome, time well spent and memories everyone will share forever. Congratulations.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom