Unit 17 Antelope

bowelk

My group drew the Brunton Ranch rifle tags near the VLA. Any suggestions where to camp? Either dry or campground, we just want to be somewhat near our access to the ranch. Im somewhat familiar with the area, mostly passing through on HWY 60 or heading back into the Gila on county rd 52. Map looks like a lot of State Land! Also I have heard snakes can be bad in there anyone have any experience with that?

Thanks

Jason

There's the road that goes to Monica Cabin that i've camped off of when hunting goats in 17. It's not too far from the VLA.

We drew that ranch last year and camped on the BLM about a mile west of the Sargents F.S. turnoff. That's just off the south end of the Brunton, which is where you want to be anyway (hint). Didn't see any snakes.

BLM campground within 1 mile of Datil is called "Datil Well Recreation Area Campground". Reservations not taken. $5 overnight camping fee. There are 22 individual campsites, all with picnic tables, barbeque grills and fire pits. The 12 individual and group sites have shelters for shade. Restrooms (outhouses) and drinking water are available. But I like what Prime was saying.

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom