Unit 19

Hi all,
I did a search about unit 19 elk and didn't come up with a whole lot. Basically I am hunting 3rd rifle with my son for YOUTH elk and deer. So it is probably more about opportunity than quality.
I've spent one day deer hunting in the unit, multiple days shed hunting, but really don't know where to expect to find the elk. Will they be in areas already during 3rd season that they shed their antlers?
I've got some more specific questions, but don't feel like posting them on the public forum would be appropriate.
So if anyone out there is familiar with the unit I would appreciate any help. :)

I turned in my 19 tag because of the uncertainty of whether there will be access and availability of national forest. I hunt areas where there is less pressure regardless of weather.

I think a lot of experience is out the window . Access and fire and flood makes things tough. Animals are finding green meadows though!

The opportunity , as you said with your son chasing big game in that unit will be fun!

I picked up a leftover bear tag too. So if anyone knows of a place where a carcass is I wouldn’t mind hunting over it. My season is 1st to 4th season.

We didn't see a single elk over 4th rifle either. Supposedly the unit was hammered 2nd season and several elk were taken, so between that and the warm weather it just wasn't our time. But my son got his first deer so it was still a great trip!

Congrats to your son! Really seems like the elk & deer for that point aren’t super dense in there and are affected by weather. Especially when most of the timber that survived the fires is still super dense and high up there. Man it was warm and dry 3rd and 4th this year!

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom