Unit 19

Hi all,
I did a search about unit 19 elk and didn't come up with a whole lot. Basically I am hunting 3rd rifle with my son for YOUTH elk and deer. So it is probably more about opportunity than quality.
I've spent one day deer hunting in the unit, multiple days shed hunting, but really don't know where to expect to find the elk. Will they be in areas already during 3rd season that they shed their antlers?
I've got some more specific questions, but don't feel like posting them on the public forum would be appropriate.
So if anyone out there is familiar with the unit I would appreciate any help. :)

Deercy

I turned in my 19 tag because of the uncertainty of whether there will be access and availability of national forest. I hunt areas where there is less pressure regardless of weather.

Focoelkman

I think a lot of experience is out the window . Access and fire and flood makes things tough. Animals are finding green meadows though!

The opportunity , as you said with your son chasing big game in that unit will be fun!

I picked up a leftover bear tag too. So if anyone knows of a place where a carcass is I wouldn’t mind hunting over it. My season is 1st to 4th season.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Full Time Hunts

Specializing in matching sportsmen with reputable outfitters that fit their hunting and fishing needs.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Top Bottom