unit 20 4th season deer

one_dryboot

Long Time Member
I've heard there is a lot of private and deer will mostly be on private during this hunt.
My question is am I wasting my time thinking I can find a decent buck on public land? I would assume there are some great bucks that migrate from the park. From the information I've found it sounds tough but hunting is better than sitting home. Maybe with the warm weather we are having it will hold bucks higher? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

We hunted that unit 4th season several years ago. The small piece of public we hunted got posted somehow. We gave up on it. It is almost all private and we had no luck finding any private that would allow hunting. I would not waste my time but that's my opinion. We did see some great bucks where ya can't hunt.

It has been several years since there have been any great or even good bucks in the park. There are a few parcels of nice public ground where you might find a descent buck.

Well that doesn't sound very encouraging. I still may give er hell. It's better than sitting home and have my wife put me to work.

never had the tag, nor been in the unit during season, but I do some hiking in the summer and thought theres some good deer country in the wilderness area to the north end of the unit...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom