Unit 20 (comanche wilderness outfitters)

bodhi

Anybody ever hunt with them? info on private land in that unit? how about the surrounding units on the wyoming border? Thanks for any info. Just trying to get a feel for their outfit and the private land hunting.

B

I've never heard a bad word about Scott Limmer. Never met him personally but know several people that have spent time with him. What are ya huntin?

Hunted with his outfit several years ago. Did not kill a deer but would still highly recommend him. His operation killed several bucks over 200" this past year. Eastern plains hold giant bucks but it's a different style of hunting. Spot and stalk the sand hills and corn fields, get ready to log LOTS of miles in the truck. Would recommend the Dec hunts, the corn is not always harvested in time for the early hunts and the bucks just hang in there and don't come out.

The eastern plains hunts will be quite a bit different than the unit 20 hunts. There are some nice bucks on private there, but you have to be on the right parcel at the right time.

I hunted a plains unit with him this year. Killed a 220" A 210" was shot seconds after my shots by a local less then a 1000 yards away. As stated above they killed at least a couple more over 200'.
Obviously my hunt went good :) Scott has a great rep and won't steer you wrong. He sells the plains hunts as 180+ and was very firm is stating a 200 is getting lucky to be in the correct spot at the correct time.
Any thing else I can help with pm me

Thanks for all the info. I'm really interested in learning about unit 20 and scott's "foot hills" hunt. You dont hear much about unit 20, I think mainly because there is a lot of private land. I hear he shoots some really nice deer on the foothills hunt though but just wanted to hear from people who may have had their boots on the ground in that unit and who have hunted with him.

B

I guess I would say simply this. If Scott tells you what to expect and the success he has, believe him and know that he is a straight shooter and will not BS you. I actually feel that he may slightly under sell the hunt and to me I would rather have a outfitter that does that and not has you thinking that 190 will be easy and you don't ever see a 160.

I hunted with Scott years ago. I'd rank him at the top of the list of outfitters I've had dealings with.

Stay Thirsty My Friends

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom