Unit 201 4th Rifle Tags for 2015

WoodsD9

Just got the 2015 Big Game Brochure and was shocked to see they will have a 4th season buck tag this year in unit 201. I personally do not think the genetics are great in unit 201 but as far as solitude and being a rut hunt this will be one of a kind. If you had lots of points would you apply for this tag?

No. All the NW corner units (2,10,201) are on a downward trend... Rather surprised they are bringing 4th season hunts to 201 and 55

Coloradoboy

Anyone aware of how many tags they are going to allocate? Figured with my 2 points I might have a shot!!

"Courage is being scared to death but
saddling up anyway."

Not sure why those areas are in decline. It was tuff but I always seen a few deer close to 200" in unit 2 during the archery elk season. The last three years I don't think I saw much over 180. I was thinking of using my NR points to draw the Muzzy tag but have decided to look elsewhere. I'm sitting on 15 points.

There can b but on average I'd say it's 30%. Doest mean there won't b 2 ft just not as likely as bare ground.

If you have never been to the unit I would try and make a trip before burning a bunch of points on the tag. I personally am saving my pts for other units I just wanted to see what people thought were on this new hunt.

I really feel it would be a fun hunt but not a hunt to search for a giant. I have spent a decent amount of time in the unit and have seen some good bucks but a lot of poor genetics and deer numbers that are not extremely high. The reason I think it would be fun is due to the fact you would have the unit almost entirely to yourself(just a few cow hunters) and there is just something about that place that I really enjoy.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom