Unit 201 or Unit 21

waderan

Guys which of these units would you hunt if given the chance ? My buddy an I are looking to draw one of them this year. Looking for so info on them!

I think you'll probably get more helpful info with more specifics... assuming you're asking about deer? If you're expecting to draw 201 elk you would have drawn 21 3 times by now :LOL:

I also know the quality of hunting varies immensely between seasons in certain units, advice/recommendations might change depending on the season.

The Nw corner of the state is hurting bad right now as far as mule deer go. Cool country to spend time in but far from what it used to be.

The Nw corner of the state is hurting bad right now as far as mule deer go. Cool country to spend time in but far from what it used to be.
I would say this goes for the whole state, or at least everywhere that I have any knowledge or hear anything about. Plenty of the state I'm not familiar with but this seems to be a statewide issue.

I would say this goes for the whole state, or at least everywhere that I have any knowledge or hear anything about. Plenty of the state I'm not familiar with but this seems to be a statewide issue.
It honestly is. I cover a lot of the state and the grass isn’t greener anywhere really.

It honestly is. I cover a lot of the state and the grass isn’t greener anywhere really.
I got into a discussion with some guys on another platform the other day that spurred me to look at some recent numbers in some units around me
For 15/35/36/45:
2018 Estimated total deer: approx. 13,700
Buck ratio: 30%
30% of 13,700: approx 4,100
2019 Buck tags issued for all units/seasons combined: approx. 5,200... :unsure:

Conversation for another thread I guess but that doesn't seem conducive of quality hunting conditions for anybody.

All that to say, I agree with you and there's really no particular unit I would be excited to spend a lot of points on right now.

I got into a discussion with some guys on another platform the other day that spurred me to look at some recent numbers in some units around me
For 15/35/36/45:
2018 Estimated total deer: approx. 13,700
Buck ratio: 30%
30% of 13,700: approx 4,100
2019 Buck tags issued for all units/seasons combined: approx. 5,200... :unsure:

Conversation for another thread I guess but that doesn't seem conducive of quality hunting conditions for anybody.

All that to say, I agree with you and there's really no particular unit I would be excited to spend a lot of points on right now.
The management plan for eagle and grand counties is a nightmare. It’s truthfully amazing anything can live to maturity along the upper Colorado River corridor. If CPW ever would wrap their heads around quality over profit those areas could be truly outstanding with the genetic potential and habitat those deer have.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Blue Mountain Outfitters

Unit 10 trophy deer and elk in Northwest Colorado. Guaranteed tags. Call Kent (801) 562-1802

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom