Unit 21 archery elk ???

c3

Very Active Member
Anyone have any experience with this unit?

I put in for it by mistake with 7 points and it appears I can't change my app once I paid online. Seems like it's a 10 point unit in the 1-2 pass so I should be ok if I draw by change anyway.

As a side note you have to be careful when scrolling down with the wheel on your mouse when selecting your units. My second choice rolled from 23N to 21 when I rolled the wheel down to continue to the payment. I didn't see it until after I'd paid already.

Just curious what people think of that one.

Cheers,
Pete

Never set foot in it, but did some research.

Tough country, and a outfitter we talk with said not a lot of elk. He did say a couple good ones do get killed every year though. So scout hard!

At least you didn't put in for a cow tag. Several guys did that last year and blew lots of points.

Oh yea, I screwed up and put unit 8 bull as second choice. So your not alone!

You may have not screwed up. I put my daughter app in and it showed the first and second choice correctly. When I printed the receipt it showed a different second choice that was 2 down from her choice. I called F&G and they checked and their system showed the correct choice, not the one on the receipt. I did my app a couple days later and it changed my second choice it in the check out sheet. I went hit back and checked and it showed my correct choices. I then re entered my choices and it was correct at check out. F&G said it was another glitch in their system

Greg,
I hope mine was a glitch too. Thanks for the info!

BTW I double, tripple checked, and thought positive the app was right! About fell in floor when I printed it off! I felt like the dumbest SOB ever..lol I was shaking mad!
In the end I guess it doesn't matter either way. 8 isn't the end of the world. Plus the new draw may kick me out anyway, with guys jumping ship.

C3, unit 21 with 7 points would be a steal of a deal. its a great unit for some very good archery hunting. don't sweat that. you will do as fine or better than you did on the SJ a few years ago.... and that's pretty dang good. i say, good luck in the draw.

Thanks guys, we'll have to see.

@billythekid, that's what I was thinking when I looked for info on the unit. It must be pretty decent to earn 10 points min in the 1-2 pass.

I like adventure anyway, so it would be cool to wing it somewhere if I drew.

Cheers,
Pete

IF you luck out and draw that tag, you had better call Josh Epperson at Rimrock Outfitters.

Based on what his clients have taken in the past there, I would not hesitate to recommend him for that hunt.

Don Martin
Arizona Wildlife Outfitters

So C3 did you draw it.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Haven't seen a credit card hit. Most likely not and I'm not into signing up for anything these days to find out. Too much paperwork and computer crap in my life already :)

How you been Gator? Hope you drew something this year. I'm not in line for any sure thing tags so I'm planning on going to Oregon and hunting rosies for the first time.

Cheers,
Pete

I drew 22N late rifle.
Should be a fun hunt,
Couple of other hunters I know drew it too.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Arizona Hunting Guides & Outfitters

SilverGrand Outfitters

Offering mule deer, elk, antelope, bighorn sheep, javelina, and turkey hunts in Nevada and Arizona.

Arizona Elk Outfitters

Offering the serious hunter a chance to hunt trophy animals in the great Southwest.

A3 Trophy Hunts

An Arizona Outfitter specializing in the harvest of World Class big game of all species.

Arizona Strip Guides

Highly experienced and highly dedicated team of hardworking professional Arizona Strip mule deer guides.

Urge 2 Hunt

THE premier hunts in Arizona for trophy elk, mule deer, couse deer and javelina.

Shadow Valley Outfitters

AZ Strip and Kaibab mule deer, big bulls during the rut, spot-n-stalk pronghorn and coues deer hunts.

Back
Top Bottom