Unit 21 Archery----- The Roads???

nocwalker

Morning guys, The roads during the first 2 weeks of Sept, What are they like? I've seen comments about being bad in the rain and maybe having chains, Is this true? we don't have chains and need to know if we really need to invest. We will be bringing an ATV to get around in which brings up another question. Is it legal to drive an ATV on all roads out there? Including 139? We do know we'll need a registration so, we will take care of that.

Don't want to do anything illegal, so working ahead.

Thanks guys

Sept is a great month in Colorado. A few t-storms, and frost by the end of the month. Decent tires and you should be fine. I will be wearing flip flops. :)

The clay soils can get a little snotty for a couple hours after a shower.

In September I'd roll the dice and skip the chains. A SxS or wheeler will help ya get past the mud better. If it's to muddy then I guess ya hang out at camp for a day and nap. September weather is freezing to freaking hot. Rio Blanco County and Rangely are OHV friendly so enjoy our open spaces and your way to get there. Please note that state police do not share our communities OHV friendly mindset. But we ride anyways and ignore them on this issue. If you are hunting the high ground in 21 knowing land ownership should be a priority. It's pretty mixed up.

Thanks guys, kinda what I figured we're not gonna take the liberty to drive an ATV were we shouldn't.

My partner is pretty good with GPS and ONx and so fourth so well stay away from the private I always liked topo's but that's old school now. Theres that much private up there? dang I thought most of it was BLM and Nat forrest

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom