Unit 21 Camp water

nocwalker

Water sounds as though it will be somewhat scarce in unit 21. I’ve decided to bring a clean plastic drum for camp water( shower, clean up etc). we don’t really want to haul 500lbs of water all the way across the country if we don’t have to.

do any of you guys have an idea where I can fill a drum with clean water?

we will have bottled water for drinking etc.

Thanks. Bill v. Starting to really get excited!

Most of the big truck stops have water. If you are stopping in Grand Junction there is a Pilot Travel station there just off I-70 on highway 50.

Not a bad idea. Be sure to send me coordinates! ? Depending on how you're coming through Colorado you could fill at my house too, but you'd still have 6 hours of driving left.
Tool. It sounds as though we may need to detour off of rt70. Man, not sure where we’ll end up

Not sure where you are traveling from but with I-70's present state if affairs near Glenwood you may want an alternate route in mind.

Yea. Worried about 70 before Glenn wood. Guess we go north at Silverthorn??? Then west? I haven’t looked at a map yet. 70 is best for us, hope it opens up
You could come in on I-80 and then head south from Creston junction on HYW 789 to Craig. then take HYW 40 to Dinosaur then down to Rangely. Or from Craig to Meeker to Rangely.

You could come in on I-80 and then head south from Creston junction on HYW 789 to Craig. then take HYW 40 to Dinosaur then down to Rangely. Or from Craig to Meeker to Rangely.
I would think that as a better option as well. Also let’s you be in Awesome WY then in Commirado

We’re a couple hrs south of 80. So. Either way we may need to pay the piper
I think you would be better off slowly making your way north as you work across the country, I have herd the detours because of 70 being down is taking 6-8 hours longer and with all that increased traffic is causing head aches for the smaller community's that the traffic is being detoured through.

It may add some extra time but could be well worth not having to deal with the hassle of everything, and could save you time in the long run.

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom