Unit 22, - 3rd season Deer, * Help needed !

ducksbucksandbulls

We are leaving Tuesday early for the hunt.

Need some help on places to add to our scouting list.

Anyone hunt the 2nd season and leave a few good bucks?
Do I need a Quad with all the roads in the unit ?
please shoot a PM our way.

Thanks in advance,
Howdy

Whats the big secret about 22.
several people have asked for help this year and no one reply's...
I have helped numberous folks in the past, and nothing on this unit???
It takes a couple of points only to draw, i guess no one on MM has ever hunted the unit??? Just an average unit, not a big trophy area.
DBB

I have been hunting 10 &11 this year and from I have seen and heard hunter numbers are down even if they did draw a tag the hunters have likely been eating them so not as many reports going up as in the past. Also I have spoke with numerous people and they are not saying much of anything about the area due to all the over exaggerated hype the internet has caused. Even in town and at the local butcher shop harvest numbers are below average. I spoke to both wardens in the past week and their reports have not been encourging so far about any of the surrounding units. Now I have seen some pigs come through town but not sure of what units. Good luck on your hunt!

Al

you don't need a quad if you have a halfway capable 4wd. Get on county Rd 122 and start glassing. Seen a bunch of bucks in there the last couple days. passed several one seventy class bucks hoping to see bigger.

Get a map and scout just like the rest of us did.

4afddbfa2842588e.jpg

Thats brutal.

Out the door with maps and spotting scope. Be in colo, Tues PM.
4 days scouting and 9 hunting, hope that works.
Thanks for the help and comments, good and bad.
Some people...

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom