Unit 22 deer this year

dogdoc

Anyone else seeing that unit 22 is way down this year. I don’t think its the only unit, just one I hunted. Really sad

It's not just you.

My group has covered 022 extensively from I80 to Pyramid Hwy over the last couple weeks with extremely few deer sightings and those have all been small pockets of does.

I ran across one nice buck opening morning but couldn't get a shot. Haven't seen one since. I think I've got a good idea where the bucks are hiding but it is really, really rough country with near vertical slopes and no vehicle access.

We've done Virginia Peak, Pah Rah Peak, Spanish Springs Peak, every area in between at different elevations. I'm really scratching my head as to what we are doing wrong.

I don't think 022 is what he's asking about.....I think he's talking about Lincoln county...

Yeah I was talking 221-223, but I don’t think it’s just these units, I think it’s the west in general.

Ah, bummer. My son has a tag for Area 22 and we're heading up there soon. I guess we've got our work cut out for us.

Looks like our only hope is a sudden drop in temp to force the migration.

I have seen more big bucks this year than I have in any other year.

I think its just hot and dry, which has made it tough. I can count at least 8 four point bucks that I have seen since the 1st of August that were huntable for my daughter. She connected yesterday evening on a small four point, which met her goat of getting a bigger buck than she has before.

It's not just you.

My group has covered 022 extensively from I80 to Pyramid Hwy over the last couple weeks with extremely few deer sightings and those have all been small pockets of does.

I ran across one nice buck opening morning but couldn't get a shot. Haven't seen one since. I think I've got a good idea where the bucks are hiding but it is really, really rough country with near vertical slopes and no vehicle access.

We've done Virginia Peak, Pah Rah Peak, Spanish Springs Peak, every area in between at different elevations. I'm really scratching my head as to what we are doing wrong.

With the a hole who is blocking access to cottonwood canyon, 022 has become very difficult to hunt. When access was available through cottonwood. Vinegar produced good bucks. Good luck

We were out there this past weekend. The temp dropped quite a bit on Sunday but still no luck glassing a decent buck.

The biggest challenge is convincing my wife to let us head out there again this week. I'll let my son do that - it's his tag. :D

Hunted it these past 2 days, saw 2 shooter bucks and seen the biggest buck I have ever laid my eyes on down low at grafton. I kid you not this buck was at least a 190 inch buck. We saw him next to the dirt road and by the time we wanted to get off the truck he was gone into the thick junipers. Weird thing was all the deer I saw these past 2 days were low

Sounds promising. Anyone have any info they'd be willing to pass along it would be appreciated. I'll be there the 28th through November 8.

Letting you?? How about: "Honey, we're going hunting. Catch you later.";)

A compromise was reached! I told her I would bang out the honey-do's before the weekend so she agreed.

I then jokingly said, "What if I just bang the honey instead?" She said "YES! But you still need to build that raised garden bed you promised me last month".

Fine. Few planks of 2x10 and some pocket hole joinery along with a several bags of top soil. Done

A compromise was reached! I told her I would bang out the honey-do's before the weekend so she agreed.

I then jokingly said, "What if I just bang the honey instead?" She said "YES! But you still need to build that raised garden bed you promised me last month".

Fine. Few planks of 2x10 and some pocket hole joinery along with a several bags of top soil. Done
Good deal... I’m guessing you are already out there, but good luck. Hopefully we will see some posted pics soon.

Good deal... I’m guessing you are already out there, but good luck. Hopefully we will see some posted pics soon.

No such luck this year, sir. Thank you for the post. We had an amazing time out there and glassed several large groups of does, but the bucks were elusive.

No such luck this year, sir. Thank you for the post. We had an amazing time out there and glassed several large groups of does, but the bucks were elusive.
No problem! That stinks... the most important thing is that you were out there spending time with your son. The only way it could have been better is if the young man had dropped one. Better luck next year!

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom