Unit 22 Idaho Spring Bear

WC

I was really excited to find out that my son just drew the 8001 unit 22 bear tag. We live in Western Wyoming and hunt spot and stalk spring bear every year. We normally hike in a long distance for our bear hunts but I am not exactly sure what to expect with this unit 22 tag. Anyone who can throw any helpful information my way would be much appreciated.

Going to be crowded in there this year. Reg’s changed so that unit is over the counter within a mile of private property. Guys are going to hit it hard and that opens up a lot of the unit. So for your internet map scouting look up high and at on x to see where you can getaway from the ranch properties. It’ll probably still r good but it won’t be what the draw was.

I’d come late may

Going to be crowded in there this year. Reg’s changed so that unit is over the counter within a mile of private property. Guys are going to hit it hard and that opens up a lot of the unit. So for your internet map scouting look up high and at on x to see where you can getaway from the ranch properties. It’ll probably still r good but it won’t be what the draw was.

I’d come late may
That regulation went into effect last year I believe? I heard lots of hounds during archery elk season last year and prior to the September 15 date that the regs said you could run them so I am not quite sure what was going on? I could never figure it out.

High density of bears though because from previous research I believe it had previously always been a draw for spring bears until that change to OTC within 1 mile of private.

Lots of roads and private ranches but like Jpickett said up high and away from the private and I would think you and your son will have excellent spot and stalk opportunities on his hunt. Congrats to your son on the tag and good luck!

Horniac

FDDCAA5C-8E77-417B-84BF-5816DF9D0C3A.jpeg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom