Unit 24 ATV

If you have a good set up truck with good clearance and tires that's fine if It's dry. Would be a more safe bet to bring an atv though

Unless it gets soaked or deep snow, I don’t think a guy would need 4wd in that country. I never need it unless super muddy or deep snow..

I had an atv for a couple years but it was not really as useful as I thought it might be, for me at least. I recently bought a small travel trailer, which seems a lot more useful. I still think about getting another atv, but then you need two trucks or two trips to haul all the equipment. Two trucks means two people so then you need two atvs. Then you have to pay license and registration for the atv, which may or may not be transferred to other states. I would generally prefer to be in my truck, with climate control and lots of space for gear. At this point, I’d be more likely to get an e-bike, that I could easily haul around with my camper as an alternative form of mobility, in addition to truck and feet.

Thanks elks96 and gundog2, was trying to decide to apply in 24 this year. I currently don't have a atv but could get one if needed.

Hunting 24 without an ATV is a huge mistake. You are limiting yourself to a small part of the unit that is accessible by truck.

Plenty of people without a truck spend most of their time in camp or stuck when the weather turns.

Bill

This....24 will beat the piss out of your truck and limit your travels. Some places are even rough in a sxs. Bring several spare tires!

I had an atv for a couple years but it was not really as useful as I thought it might be, for me at least. I recently bought a small travel trailer, which seems a lot more useful. I still think about getting another atv, but then you need two trucks or two trips to haul all the equipment. Two trucks means two people so then you need two atvs. Then you have to pay license and registration for the atv, which may or may not be transferred to other states. I would generally prefer to be in my truck, with climate control and lots of space for gear. At this point, I’d be more likely to get an e-bike, that I could easily haul around with my camper as an alternative form of mobility, in addition to truck and feet.
I went in this direction 16’ enclosed cargo trailer. Put some cabinets in for storage has heater/air stores my SxS and all my gear, set up cots and I’m all set.
DD692E4C-B2EA-48F6-83A6-C7E5DC7D63E4.jpeg
03B43C5B-9AB0-42D8-B46E-5A12F8C7601E.jpeg

I went in this direction 16’ enclosed cargo trailer. Put some cabinets in for storage has heater/air stores my SxS and all my gear, set up cots and I’m all set.
View attachment 100749View attachment 100748
I wonder how much it would cost to register a trailer like this in Utah, compared to my travel trailer. I’m willing to pay my fair share of taxes, but the cost of registration for my 18’ single-axel camper is ridiculous.

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom