Unit 27/181 3rd

ac7473

First time drawing a deer tag in Colorado for my son and I. I understand it will be crowded to say the least. Willing to trade intel for most units in Nevada for Deer, Elk, Sheep and Antelope. Not looking for honey holes, just ideas where not to start! Also looking for any known opportunities for a trespass type fee on private in there.

I was involved in some madness two years ago in 4th season out there. Bullets hitting the ground at my 15 yr olds feet didn’t make me happy. Needless to say the whole mtn heard my opinion of what was going on. Be careful. Wear more orange than you think is necessary. Deer numbers seemed to be way way down last year.

I was involved in some madness two years ago in 4th season out there. Bullets hitting the ground at my 15 yr olds feet didn’t make me happy. Needless to say the whole mtn heard my opinion of what was going on. Be careful. Wear more orange than you think is necessary. Deer numbers seemed to be way way down last year.
Thanks, will do!

I've hunted it several times by purchasing tags on the leftover list. Buck and doe both. Lots of road hunters but I've never had a problem separating myself from the crowd. Get out in the bush and you'll be good. I will say a truck full of fudds was the dumbest group of folks in one group I've ever experience came from that area. I can't believe they had control of a firearm so yeah, wear your orange. I never killed any big bucks but did see a very nice one once. Never had any trouble filling any tag I've had for there. I even could of had my way with a raghorn and some cows but didn't have an elk tag. At the end of the day, it was fun hunting.

Good luck,

Todd

We also hunted this unit a couple of years ago. I can agree that is was the scariest experience I have ever had. A small 4 point was on the skyline near a road. I bet there was close to 40 shots and none of them hit the deer but we could hear them flying over the top of our heads. We did get a couple of bucks, I will send you a PM with more detail. Especially areas to avoid.

Pretty bizarre that a unit has a history of this stuff. Makes me think there are some very sketchy hunters that get tags there every year.

I've hunted it several times by purchasing tags on the leftover list. Buck and doe both. Lots of road hunters but I've never had a problem separating myself from the crowd. Get out in the bush and you'll be good. I will say a truck full of fudds was the dumbest group of folks in one group I've ever experience came from that area. I can't believe they had control of a firearm so yeah, wear your orange. I never killed any big bucks but did see a very nice one once. Never had any trouble filling any tag I've had for there. I even could of had my way with a raghorn and some cows but didn't have an elk tag. At the end of the day, it was fun hunting.

Good luck,

Todd
Thanks for the reply! We are just excited to be hunting deer since we struck out in the other draws

Colorado Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Rocky Mountain Ranches

Hunt some of the finest ranches in N.W. Colorado. Superb elk, mule deer, and antelope hunting.

Frazier Outfitting

Great Colorado elk hunting. Hunt the backcountry of unit 76. More than a hunt, it's an adventure!

CJ Outfitters

Hunt Colorado's premier trophy units, 2, 10 and 201 for trophy elk, deer and antelope.

Allout Guiding & Outfitting

Offering high quality mule deer, elk, bear and cougar hunts in Colorado units 40 and 61.

Ivory & Antler Outfitters

Hunt trophy elk, mule deer, moose, antelope, bear, cougar and turkey on both private land and BLM.

Urge 2 Hunt

We offer both DIY and guided hunts on large ranches all over Colorado for archery, muzzleloader and rifle hunts.

Hunters Domain

Colorado landowner tags for mule deer, elk and antelope. Tags for other states also available.

Flat Tops Elk Hunting

For the Do-It-Yourself hunters, an amazing cabin in GMU 12 for your groups elk or deer hunt.

Back
Top Bottom