Unit 271/272

T

tweedmadsen

Hey guys,
I just found out I drew a unit 271/272 rifle tag for deer. The hunt is in November. I have driven around the Mormon Mts. a couple of times, but am thinking about hunting the southern half of the unit. Any advice from guys who have hunted these units before would be great. I love to hunt and don't have to kill a 185+ buck to be happy.........but think there have to be some good genetics in the unit based on its location. I have hunted the surrounding units in AZ and UT..........do you think any of the deer moving off Utah Mountain and other areas move as far as Nevada?
I am looking forward to scouting.
Thanks--
Mark

Congratulations,you have drawn a great "Rut Hunt".Hold out ,it will pay off --- My clients have drawn this tag 2 years in a row,in N.R. Outfitter Draw.Tagged a 203" buck next to last day in "09".Saw only 1 deer hunter during 8 days in the field.Good Luck,you have drawn a tag equal to Az Strip/13B ??? Bruce & SilverGrand

I drew an archery tag for 271-272 and havent had much luck with any info. I am going to be doing some scouting here shortly. Good luck and congrats on the tag

Bruce, can you post a pic of that buck? How about the countryside you hunted?

I take it that was a rifle hunt. But just wondering if you have any clients or pics of any bucks from archery season.

hey i drew 271/272 muzzleloader tag sep 10 to 30 any help would be helpful. im hoping just to get out and see some country and animals. the last two years put in for the rifle tag this year messed up and accidentally put in for muzzleloader. oh well any advice

I'm thinkin I'd hunt south of the interstate. The Mormons prolly still have deer left, but not many.

The Virgins have some higher country with feed plus water somewhere....

All of this unit has the EXCEPTIONAL gene pool of the Strip and faaaaar SE Utah.......just find a 5+ year old buck and he's a shooter. Little daily action.....but lots of potential. The classic all or nothing hunt.

Bruce, care to speak up more about this hunt, partner? I may draw it next year.

Hey guys,
I just found out I drew a unit 271/272 rifle tag for deer. The hunt is in November. I have driven around the Mormon Mts. a couple of times, but am thinking about hunting the southern half of the unit. Any advice from guys who have hunted these units before would be great. I love to hunt and don't have to kill a 185+ buck to be happy.........but think there have to be some good genetics in the unit based on its location. I have hunted the surrounding units in AZ and UT..........do you think any of the deer moving off Utah Mountain and other areas move as far as Nevada?
I am looking forward to scouting.
Thanks--
Mark

Nevada Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Big Bucks & Bulls Timberline Outfitters Guide Service

Customized and high quality eastern Nevada trophy hunts for mule deer, elk and antelope.

Western Wildlife Adventures

We offer some excellent mule deer and elk hunts in northeast Nevada.

Currant Creek Outfitters

Nevada, big bucks and big bulls! We hunt for quality not quantity.

Nevada Outfitters & Guides Association

Find guides and outfitters for mule deer, elk, sheep, chuckar, fishing, & more!

SilverGrand Outfitters

Successfully guiding in Nevada for many years. Mule deer, elk, antelope and bighorn sheep hunts.

Hidden Lake Outfitters

Specializing in trophy mule deer hunts along with elk, mountain goat, antelope and mountain lion.

G&J Outdoors

Full time outfitter with 20+ years hunting mule deer, sheep, elk, antelope, lion and chukar.

Mountain Man Outfitters

Offering world class mule deer hunts in some of the most productive units in Nevada.

Nevada High Desert Outfitters

Rocky mountain goats, desert, rocky and california bighorn, mule deer, antelope and elk hunts.

Urge 2 Hunt

If you want an unguided hunt but can't draw your tags, you need to call us.

White River Guide Service

50 years of guiding experience! Mule deer, elk, sheep and cougar.

Back
Top Bottom