Unit 28

NiceRack

I spent all last week scouting unit 28 in the areas of Iron creek south to Ezra creek, from the Salmon river to Iron Lake. I only saw 1 spike bull and 8 cow/calfs. With temps in the low 90's all week I wasn't surprised that I didn't see much. I figured the Elk are staying cool up high on the north facing thick timber slopes. I did hear wolves on Monday the 15th and saw a dead calf elk that appeared to be a wolf kill. I also saw a herd of 8 Mtn. Goat in 28, the first time I have seen them there, usually I see them in 37A. I also saw a beautiful 4x4 buck in velvet, he will make a nice wallhanger come the 10th of Oct. There is plenty of water and food way up high this summer due to the heavy rainfall in spring. I found beds and wallows deep in the cool timber. I will guide/hunt with my sons this Oct. as usual. The older I get it seems guiding for my sons has proven to be at least as rewarding if more than actual hunting. Good luck all that plan on hunting up here this fall.
Paul
"Nice Rack" taxidermy

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom