Unit 2C

corkscrew

Hi ive been a member on here for sone some time just here to see and read some great content. Did anyone happen to hunt the muzzleloader hunt in unit 2C? I drew the late rifle hunt in 2C and have been scouting. I have been seeing does and smaller bucks but nothing larger. Any tips or advice from anyone who has previously hunted it or any photos would be greatly appreciated.

Just finished the muzzleloader hunt. My experience was good, but you will have to earn it. Factors may change between here and there, but one thing is for certain; find water, find animals. All the groups of deer we ran into were within a 1 mile radius of water. It may seem like an obvious tip, but the drought in this area has exacerbated these conditions in spades this year. Horn growth is stunted this year, I know you probably don’t want to hear this holding the premium tags that you guys have, but it’s a sad fact that became very apparent after the third day of hunting. Find water, work the points over water and get comfy with your glass. Good luck and happy hunting fellas, it’s a great area.

Things change by mid Nov, more frost on browse means a lessened need to hit water sources.

Find where the does are, that's where the bucks will be come your hunt.

We hunted the January archery hunt several years ago. It was a ton of fun but the deer numbers are low. We would see a handful of deer a day with an average of one really nice buck daily. I don't know how it will compare to your hunt, but stick with it and you've the chance at a great buck. Good luck.

Hi ive been a member on here for sone some time just here to see and read some great content. Did anyone happen to hunt the muzzleloader hunt in unit 2C? I drew the late rifle hunt in 2C and have been scouting. I have been seeing does and smaller bucks but nothing larger. Any tips or advice from anyone who has previously hunted it or any photos would be greatly appreciated.
If you got a November 2C tag, you should buy a Powerball! Glass hard all day. You’ll get a big buck. Congrats on an awesome tag!

New Mexico Guides & Outfitters

H & A Outfitters

Private and public land hunts since 1992 for elk, mule deer, sheep, pronghorn, black Bear & lion hunts.

505 Outfitters

Public and private land big game hunts. Rifle, muzzleloader and archery hunts available. Free Draw Application Service!

Sierra Blanca Outfitters

Offering a wide array of hunt opportunities and putting clients in prime position to bag a trophy.

Urge 2 Hunt

Hunts in New Mexico on private ranches and remote public land in the top units. Elk vouchers available.

Mangas Outfitters

Landowner tags available! Hunt big bulls and bucks. Any season and multiple hunt units to choose from.

Back
Top Bottom