Unit 30 Aspen Mt and Sage Creek

T

Tinytim

I have found out that these are two go spot to go for a good bulls, Does anyone know if there is a wallow around either. I think with a bow and the open counrty. This would be my best bet for getting close. I have to believe that these bulls are call shy just like everywhere else, with roads everywhere. Any ideas or help would be great. Good luck to everyone this year.

May advice is to study your map for some out of the way spots. Aspen mtn come opening morning is going to be a zoo. Hunt the fringe areas around the most popular spots. The most popular spots? Where the best roads are. The bulls should be talking come opener. I hunted an area south of there (deer) in sept and witnessed the most impressive mass exodus of bulls off a mountain that I have ever seen. Yahoos everywhere camped on top of the mtn pushed in excess of 50 head of elk off of the mtn right past me. They were talking up a storm, more bulls than cows. It was one of those times in hunting that you never forget. Luckily I got it on video. They all headed across a road down into the low country. Lesson? Don't dismiss the low country.

Its really not that open to have to go looking for a wallow. I haven't seen very many out there. There is plenty of cover between the brush cedars and aspens. Hell the brush is usually tall enough to hide in....

Also I think they moved the cow elk hunters back 5 days so it shouldn't be crowded anywhere in unit 30 opening day now. Not that many tags and theres a lot of country.

I would check out Mellor Mt in Sept and if you rifle hunt firehole canyon in Oct.....

LAST EDITED ON Mar-20-10 AT 04:01PM (MST)[p]wallows are easy enough to find.. just look for the big white outfitter tents and the wet stnky hole is at the end of that road! just past the horses! cedars are holding bulls too however its dense cover! best to just glass your arse off and then stalk! those bulls cover alot of ground
4a2c3c3419e430ad.jpg

rackmaster

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom